IGNORED

Brand arrogance

gasser

If it has two wheels and an engine, I like it. If someone rides two wheels, any brand two wheels, he's my bro or sister on a bike. I've been on motorcycles for 40 years, owned 30+, of all brands (mostly HD) but many Japanese and a BMW. I wave to everyone. I stop to help everyone. I even talk to others at gas stops. Every brand of rider has the same safety issues I have, regardless of what they ride. Does anyone think that a cager really cares what brand of bike any of us ride? Brand intolerance makes no sense. What arrogance to think that only people who ride our brand enjoy the journey less than we do because they chose a different manufacturer!

Whether I'm on my HD or RT, I will wave at you. I will stop to help you. And I'll shake your hand when I meet you at a rest stop. Enjoy the ride wave.gif.

wrestleantares

If it has two wheels and an engine, I MIGHT like it. If someone rides two wheels, any brand two wheels, GOOD FOR HIM/HER. I've been on motorcycles for 20+ years, owned a few Japanese and a BMW. I wave to NO ONE. I stop to help everyone. I NEVER talk to others at gas stops, UNLESS THEY TALK TO ME FIRST. Every brand of rider has the same safety issues I have, regardless of what they ride. SOME JUST COMPOUND THEM, WHILE OTHERS TRY TO MITIGATE THEM. Does anyone think that a cager really cares what brand of bike any of us ride? Brand intolerance makes no sense, HOWEVER, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DISLIKING A PARTICULAR BRAND OR STYLE OF BIKE. IT'S JUST NOT A GOOD REASON TO DISLIKE THE RIDER. What arrogance to think that only people who ride our brand enjoy the journey less than we do because they chose a different manufacturer!

Whether I'm on my LT OR WIFE'S YAMAHA, I will NOT wave at you. I will stop to help you. And I WON'T shake your hand when I meet you at a rest stop. Enjoy the ride .

YAY, FOR INTROVERTS!

If it has two wheels and an engine, I like it. If someone rides two wheels, any brand two wheels, he's my bro or sister on a bike. I've been on motorcycles for 40 years, owned 30+, of all brands (mostly HD) but many Japanese and a BMW. I wave to everyone. I stop to help everyone. I even talk to others at gas stops. Every brand of rider has the same safety issues I have, regardless of what they ride. Does anyone think that a cager really cares what brand of bike any of us ride? Brand intolerance makes no sense. What arrogance to think that only people who ride our brand enjoy the journey less than we do because they chose a different manufacturer!

Whether I'm on my HD or RT, I will wave at you. I will stop to help you. And I'll shake your hand when I meet you at a rest stop. Enjoy the ride wave.gif.

Well said! clap.gif

Lone_RT_rider
If it has two wheels and an engine, I like it......

Really?

hotshit-1.jpg

Oh man...sign me up! I knew a kid that stuffed a snowmobile engine in a go-cart once. THAT has to be more fun than that! grin.giflmao.gif

Shawn

lurker.gif

I like sushi, an occasional beer, and long walks on the beach.

If I wave to you, you should feel blessed. If you do not wave back, I will turn around and follow you. I WILL catch up to you, pass you in the same lane, and wave my right foot at you. That'll show you.

I am better than everyone because I ride a BMW - a fact that is appropriately reflected by my superior seat height.

grin.gif

If it has two wheels and an engine, I MIGHT like it. If someone rides two wheels, any brand two wheels, GOOD FOR HIM/HER. I've been on motorcycles for 20+ years, owned a few Japanese and a BMW. I wave to NO ONE. I stop to help everyone. I NEVER talk to others at gas stops, UNLESS THEY TALK TO ME FIRST. Every brand of rider has the same safety issues I have, regardless of what they ride. SOME JUST COMPOUND THEM, WHILE OTHERS TRY TO MITIGATE THEM. Does anyone think that a cager really cares what brand of bike any of us ride? Brand intolerance makes no sense, HOWEVER, THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH DISLIKING A PARTICULAR BRAND OR STYLE OF BIKE. IT'S JUST NOT A GOOD REASON TO DISLIKE THE RIDER. What arrogance to think that only people who ride our brand enjoy the journey less than we do because they chose a different manufacturer!

Whether I'm on my LT OR WIFE'S YAMAHA, I will NOT wave at you. I will stop to help you. And I WON'T shake your hand when I meet you at a rest stop. Enjoy the ride .

YAY, FOR INTROVERTS!

A real introvert would not have posted. lmao.gif

wrestleantares

A real introvert would not have posted. lmao.gif

Even us introverts have some social outlet. The anonymity of a computer is just fine thanks!

thumbsup.gif

skinny_tom (aka boney)
If it has two wheels and an engine, I like it......

Really?

hotshit-1.jpg

Yes please.

To paraphrase a popular movie quote:

"Then how do you measure yourself with other (motorcyclists)?"

"By height."

If it has two wheels and an engine, I like it.

Does that mean you'd discriminate against the three wheeled crowd?

1512276-mini_honda.jpg

Matts_12GS

Yup, and this is the reason I am concerned that our local club is contemplating a "BMW ownership requirement" in our bylaws to be a club officer. The fact that they are simultaneously complaining about members burning out because they're not training or encouraging people to come up and replace them perplexes me even more.

Sucks. confused.gif

I'd offer to help out and hold an office in the club, but I'm between BMWs with no plans to buy another bike (of any kind) in the foreseeable future.

Jim VonBaden

I'm not really sure what the point of this pontification was, but what do you care if someone prefers a specific brand of motorcycle over another?

I love my BMW, and most BMW's. So what? I don't knock anyone for loving their favorite brand of bike. Doesn't stop me from helping them, or knocking them if they are acting like an idiot.

Jim cool.gif

PS I also own a Yamaha, so what?

NoLongeraK1200RSRider
hotshit-1.jpg

I think I'm in love grin.gif

I wonder how hard it would be to turbo charge this thing? lmao.gif

I'm not really sure what the point of this pontification was, but what do you care if someone prefers a specific brand of motorcycle over another?

I love my BMW, and most BMW's. So what? I don't knock anyone for loving their favorite brand of bike. Doesn't stop me from helping them, or knocking them if they are acting like an idiot.

Jim

PS I also own a Yamaha, so what?

Well said Jim
hotshit-1.jpg

I think I'm in love grin.gif

I wonder how hard it would be to turbo charge this thing? lmao.gif

Easy......and it would give you a spot to mount a decent sized seat..... lmao.gif

Um, I'm not waving at you. I'm letting you know that the road ahead is clear of hazards, natural and man made. You can assume that you will have some stress free riding for a bit. No oil or sand spills ahead. No card board boxes or animals to hinder your progress. No stalled vehicles or spilled loads. Hazards present a larger danger to bikers so it's kind of nice to be given a little extra info. So, when I "wave" at at a rider, and they don't wave back, they are, in my opinion, a selfish putz. They get a middle finger and a curse as they travel down the road from me. It's not about them but about the general safety and happiness of fellow riders. And, if there is an LEO up ahead, I'll tap my helmet and give them a heads up on that as well.

It is one thing to be introverted and another to be self absorbed. Glad you would stop to help a fellow rider. I always do. Numerous riders on all makes passed me on the Del Dios highway while I was stranded. Not one stopped.

YAY, FOR INTROVERTS!

And I WON'T shake your hand when I meet you at a rest stop. Enjoy the ride .

Thats cool with me as I don't wash my hands after I pee

Thats cool with me as I don't wash my hands after I pee

Life on the edge! tongue.gif

I get stage fright if people are using the urinal next to me. Sometimes I forget how to go and get pee on my hands. So when I'm done, I go running out screaming and flailing my arms in the air to dry them off.

Yeah, I'm bored wink.gif

Oh, I've become a total freakin' snob. I don't go to concerts unless I have absolutely stellar seats, I don't smoke cigars that cost less than $10, and I ride a BMW. I wave to pretty much everyone on two wheels, but let's be clear... my bike is better! thumbsup.gif

I get stage fright if people are using the urinal next to me. Sometimes I forget how to go and get pee on my hands. So when I'm done, I go running out screaming and flailing my arms in the air to dry them off.

Yeah, I'm bored wink.gif

Wow, remind me never to let you reach into my bag of pretzels! lmao.gif

Yeah, I'm bored wink.gif

I'd like to point out that urine is sterile . . . initially. eek.gifgrin.gif

Yeah, I'm bored wink.gif

I'd like to point out that urine is sterile . . . initially. eek.gifgrin.gif

You are correct.... I prefer to chase it with my morning's coffee (linky)

I dont think Laney will let me grab her pretzels though.

Well, you got me there--I'm out. tongue.gif

(BTW, they're her pretzels . . . and no, I don't think she'd let you grab them! lmao.gif )

Well, you got me there--I'm out. tongue.gif

(BTW, they're her pretzels . . . and no, I don't think she'd let you grab them! lmao.gif )

Yeah thats what I said... her pretzels wave.gif

wrestleantares
Um, I'm not waving at you. I'm letting you know that the road ahead is clear of hazards, natural and man made. You can assume that you will have some stress free riding for a bit. No oil or sand spills ahead. No card board boxes or animals to hinder your progress. No stalled vehicles or spilled loads. Hazards present a larger danger to bikers so it's kind of nice to be given a little extra info.

I wave at them (hand down motioning for them to slow down) if there's a problem. Why would I assume your wave tells me all clear when on somedays I see 200 bikers all doing the same wave that means nothing.

So, when I "wave" at at a rider, and they don't wave back, they are, in my opinion, a selfish putz. They get a middle finger and a curse as they travel down the road from me.

And I go merrily on my way enjoying my ride while you apparently get worked up about it.

It's not about them but about the general safety and happiness of fellow riders.

It would be different if that were true. But, it's not so I'll continue to just wave/flag riders - if there is a problem.

And, if there is an LEO up ahead, I'll tap my helmet and give them a heads up on that as well.

So do I.

It is one thing to be introverted and another to be self absorbed.

It's one thing to do your own thing - waving in this instance - and quite another to expect others to behave just the way you do. If everyone waved in such an altruistic fashion as you, they'd also be waving in their cars, and to cars. In fact, I think it is rather hypocritical that you wave to protect riders and not those in cars. After all they need to know the road ahead is clear of hazards - natural and man-made.

Glad you would stop to help a fellow rider. I always do. Numerous riders on all makes passed me on the Del Dios highway while I was stranded. Not one stopped.

I stop to help even if I'm not sure they need it. Being trapped in/on any vehicle is no fun. I've stopped for bikers, car drivers and truckers. If you're on the side of the road and look like you need help, I stop.

Knighthawk

I've got a family bigger than blood. Some are riders, some aren't. What binds us is deeper than some favored form of transportation. Owning a motorcycle doesn't make you part of my family. That you have to earn.

I've got a family bigger than blood. Some are riders, some aren't. What binds us is deeper than some favored form of transportation. Owning a motorcycle doesn't make you part of my family. That you have to earn.

Great post. thumbsup.gif

Great post. thumbsup.gif

Interesting what you can infer about people from threads like these and how we all approach life pretty differently sometimes. There are also different definitions of "family" and those in the public services/military certainly have a different perspective, but I believe that someday "all men will be brothers", and there is more that joins us together than that which we would have divide us. But . . . YMMV! wave.gif

Archived