IGNORED

12GS indicator switches itself on

Miriam

Starting yesterday the left indicator will switch itself on occasionally. When it’s on I can’t switch it off. I’ve pressed every button, including the panic lights, and switched them all off again, but it makes no difference. After about a minute or so it switches itself off and everything is back to normal. Until it starts again a while later.

It must be a computer type problem, does anyone know which one, or has anyone had this problem also? My GS is from October 05 and has not had any firmware updates or problems previous to this one. Also nothing was done to the bike recently.

Thanks.

Marty Hill

Hi Miriam,

I've not heard of this problem. Hope someone else knows what it is. wave.gif

A friend had this problem on his R12RT after riding in a heavy rain. The dealer replaced the entire left control assy for him in warranty.

A friend had this problem on his R12RT after riding in a heavy rain. The dealer replaced the entire left control assy for him in warranty.
Yes, water in the switch assembly. Been a few reports of this.

Hi Miriam,

Long time. wave.gif

I think your bike is trying to tell you it wants to explore roads you've been passing by. tongue.gif

Or, the switch is wet.

I'm trying to stop by the dealer this afternoon. He said they've had this happen once before, exchanged the switch unit, but it turned out the be the ZFW (??) computer.

Thanks guys.

Archived