IGNORED

Shocks

texasaggie97

texasaggie97

I have a 2003 1150 GS and i wanted to know what is the boards recomendation and what should I expect to pay for them. Is it easy enough for me to put on by myself of should I pay to have them installed. I am not a rich man but I love my bike and I want her rolling with the best. Please give me your best advice.

Thanks

It's an easy job, about 1 to 1-1/2 hours total.

Depending on brand of shock figure $1100 - $1300

Need some help when you get 'em send me a PM, Malibu is a great place to spend the afternnoon thumbsup.gif

My vote is for Ohlins cool.gif

texasaggie97

GordonB

Thanks for the info and the offer to help. Hey were are some good places to purchases Olhins shock.

Jerry Duke

Just buying Ohlins is good because they can be rebuilt, which saves money in the future. The stock BMW shocks are disposable, wear them out and throw them away.

But unless you get the right shocks, with the correct springs and THEN have them setup for your weight and riding condition, you've wasted most of your money.

Pay the extra, don't worry about the cheapest source. Buy them from someone that takes the time to ask the questions and then takes the time to install them and set them up correctly.

I bought mine from http://www.kyleusa.com/

Huge difference in ride quality, adjustment, tracking through corners. Dan is easy to work with and set the shocks up for my weight (heavy grin.gif) and usage. Figure to pay around $1250 for a set and can be shipped quickly if the spring that is needed is in stock.

Rob

I purchased a set of Bitubo front and rear for $1100. Took about 2 hours to get it mounted. Most of that was deciding were to put the remote preload and gas canisters. Over all its pretty straight foward.

I recently installed new Ohlins on my RT, an easy job. I wish I had purchased them from Kyle's Racing. The "dealer" I purchased my shocks from ordered me Ohlins with the wrong springs. He couldn't service them as he wasn't an Ohlins dealer. I contacted Dan Kyle, and even though I didn't purchase the shocks from him, he swapped out the springs from his inventory and assisted with getting the proper base setting.

There are few like Kyle. I highly recommend Kyle's Racing.

Archived