IGNORED

another reason for protective gear

Pete Darby

Pete Darby

I wear custom chaps(I do leather work) leather motorcycle jacket and gloves when I ride. On the way home tonight I was first on the scene of an overturned sewage truck. (thats my luck) The driver and passanger were trapped inside. My first thought was that my leathers would give me some protection if the truck caught fire while I was trying to get the people out. (luckily the truck didn't catch fire.) Initially I lifted the passenger off the side of the truck and down to the ground but the driver was somewhat trapped in the truck. Upon freeing his leg, he wanted out. I was able to use my gloved fist to shatter the windshield although I wasn't able to actually puncture it. After using some little selfdefense stick someone had to open a slot in the windshiedl I pulled apart an opening enough to allow the driver to escape. I had to guide him out putting my leather covered arms and gloves to insulate him from the glass. Altogether I was very happy to be leather clad.

thumbsup.gif

Good job. Warms my heart to read of a biker doin' good.

Glad you're safe and hope those involved have a speedy recovery.

motorman587

Cool story. Good job. Glad there are people like still out there. I have seen many crashes where there are no witnesses etc...... One time we had a motor cop get hit by a car in the intersection. Do you believe there were people blowing there horns??? Like a homeless guy came over and helped the officer off the ground. So my hats off to you. You did a good think.

Archived