IGNORED

newbies and Torrey

Bheckel169

I haven't been to Torrey in about 18 months?? Mostly b/c of scheduling on THEIR part! grin.gif I have a schedule and that means out of the country time ALWAYS falls in the Torrey ride times. So I have to make a choice...Australia, Europe..Scotland or Torrey.....Not that I don't want to see all of the Torrey folks cuz I do....I am signed up for Sept @ the CWL in hopes of making it then. So....I will be a newbie again in Sept. I hope everyone remembers who I am. My first ride to Torrey was awesome. Not only the trip itself but the people who I have met and kept in touch with. So, my 1st experience was posiitive....I am sure yours will be as well. thumbsup.gif Possibly see you in Sept!

What is the story with the sock monkey?

Well, he started out life simply as Laney's mascot, but he sort of morphed into an unofficial board mascot - kind of like our own little "Flat Stanley"

Some people love him, some hate him! smirk.gif, but he's always being photographed here or there; shows up at Torreys, UnRallys, various gatherings, etc.

He's the life of the party - I suggest if you hang out with the monkey, you'll pretty much be in the middle of everything.

The monkey has been quiet lately, but he did nearly get arrested one of those Torreys grin.gif ...wasn't that the same Torrey we tried to get Gleno to think the cops had come after him?

853109-P1010021.jpg

Good times.

[sigh] I wish I could be there this year! First May Torrey I am missing in a LONG time. frown.gif

853109-P1010021.jpg.c318223b5c05c0647d76852757692839.jpg

russell_bynum

wasn't that the same Torrey we tried to get Gleno to think the cops had come after him?

Now that was funny.

Cop: <Loud authoritative cop voice> "Where's the guy on the Gixxer?"

Gleno: <Eyes get real big>

Of course, it took Gleno about a tenth of a second to figure out we were just yankin' him, but that tenth of a second was pretty damn funny.

Crazy_Canuck

853109-P1010021.jpg

Thanks for the info on the Monkey 90%Angel.

I still have 2 qustions:

1. Does the monkey have a name?

2. If your tag is 90%Angel does that mean you are only 10% naughty? lmao.gif

Lori and I were in Target a while back and they had Sock Monkey bed sheets!

I totally wanted to get some but as usual... didn't have any money tongue.gif

PhillyFlash
So....I will be a newbie again in Sept. I hope everyone remembers who I am.

So, uh, who are you??? Do you have a motorcycle? Is your real name Daniel????? confused.gif

russell_bynum
So....I will be a newbie again in Sept. I hope everyone remembers who I am.

So, uh, who are you??? Do you have a motorcycle? Is your real name Daniel????? confused.gif

lmao.gif

If sock monkey is anatomicly correct and made of wool I got dibbs on it for the weekend lmao.gif

Wurty... are you pitchin or catchin?

russell_bynum
If sock monkey is anatomicly correct and made of wool I got dibbs on it for the weekend lmao.gif

Dammit. I'm sending both of you a bill for cleaning all this Dr. Pepper off my monitor.

And it REALLY smarts when it comes out of your nose. eek.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif

Dammit. I'm sending both of you a bill for cleaning all this Dr. Pepper off my monitor.

And it REALLY smarts when it comes out of your nose. eek.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif

Ahhhh... just like the old days. All it took was me getting out of the motorcycle selling business.

Are you sure it's not time for you to get a real bike and do a little more riding? grin.gif

Besides, he's a polyester blend - definitely not your type. tongue.gif

And it's Sock Monkey

Some people love him, some hate him! smirk.gif

Are you sure??? I thought everybody loved him. blush.gifgrin.gif

russell_bynum
The best part is Sock Monkey can't talk so it can't tell what I did to it... eek.gif

That's just SOOOO wrong. eek.gif

The best part is Sock Monkey can't talk so it can't tell what I did to it... eek.gif

That's just SOOOO wrong. eek.gif

Ya, but its just so funny (and so Wurty)!!! Can't wait to see you all in Torrey. Don't worry newbies, we'll break you right in!! grin.gifgrin.gif

Bheckel169

Come on! Let's address a very important issue you're all ignoring here. I'm not any taller waiting for you folks to step up and be there for me when I need to get on and off my bike. Now, who's it going to be? Or do I have to wear my 6 inch lifts. That's a real drag trying to get that toe under the shifter and if I miss it and don't downshift fast enough, I could be in the pool and that would wreck the whole darn gathering, or at least a portion of it. So, what's more important, a stupid sock monkey or a 4'11" newbie who could occasionally rent out as a sock monkey?

You decide.

Bruce

Bruce once your rolling it will be a piece of cake,

The hard part will be the stopping.

Sure, I'll help , you can count on me.

Bheckel169

Wurty,

I knew I could count on you. Maybe I should have mentioned that my pillion is 4' 4" but she's not very heavy.

Thanks again,

Bruce

Bob Palin
Come on! Let's address a very important issue you're all ignoring here. I'm not any taller waiting for you folks to step up and be there for me when I need to get on and off my bike. Now, who's it going to be?
I'm going to bring a milk crate over the CW and INSIST that you use it every time, everybody agree? grin.gif
Bheckel169

I'm going to bring a milk crate over the CW and INSIST that you use it every time, everybody agree?

No fair. We've met. You're such a party pooper, Killer.

JerryMather

I'm going to bring a milk crate over the CW and INSIST that you use it every time, everybody agree? grin.gif

+1 thumbsup.gif

Killer- I like your style. lmao.gif

Come on! Let's address a very important issue you're all ignoring here. I'm not any taller waiting for you folks to step up and be there for me when I need to get on and off my bike. Now, who's it going to be? Or do I have to wear my 6 inch lifts. That's a real drag trying to get that toe under the shifter and if I miss it and don't downshift fast enough, I could be in the pool and that would wreck the whole darn gathering, or at least a portion of it. So, what's more important, a stupid sock monkey or a 4'11" newbie who could occasionally rent out as a sock monkey?

You decide.

Bruce

You could wear high-heels. thumbsup.giflmao.giflmao.gif

For the newbies...If you didnt notice the other thread reminding everyone to watch out for deer in Utah you might want to check that one out... oh and also watch out for cows and other critters in the road... and these:

350725_568fa7caaf_s.jpg

They make it fun! thumbsup.gif

Yeah, MarcoPolo and I found a good one on Douglas Pass on the way to Gunnison last year! Kinda looks like the snowplows get hung up on it once in a while:

79089159-L.jpg

And let's not forget the infamous "tar snakes", those can be rather disconcerting....

I will be a second-time Torrey attendee, so I guess I'm a relative newbie. I met a lot of fine folks there the first time, enjoyed meeting board members I'd "chatted" with on-line, and had a great time riding the area. I've since ridden with a number of the folks I met who have come to visit my back yard. This is a great Board, I've made lots of new friends since joining and learned an awful lot about BMWs and riding in general. I can't wait to see everyone again and make MORE new friends!

Doug

PhillyFlash

Do like the rest of us. When you get to a stop sign or a red light, don't stop. If a cop tries to pull you over, keep going. When you do need to stop, jump off and let it fall; someone will come along and pick it up for you. Or, stop next to a wall and let it lean. See, problem solved.

Or, stop next to a wall and let it lean.

Or just stop at one of the many streetlight poles along Main St. in Torrey, and lean it against the pole before you get off.

After all, we were all 4'11" once, there'll be lots of good advice here... grin.gif

It looks like this thread is helping the newbies learn the cast of leading characters.

Whose got Torrey pictures?

66623964-M.jpg

Hey I did not know that Darth Vader rides at Torrey! And I certainly did not know he rides and RT. This changes everything!

Cheers! lurker.gif

JerryMather
It looks like this thread is helping the newbies learn the cast of leading characters.

Whose got Torrey pictures?

66623964-M.jpg

Hey I did not know that Darth Vader rides at Torrey! And I certainly did not know he rides and RT. This changes everything!

Cheers! lurker.gif

I guess you also don't know....................That the Darth Vager above is a "she" not a "he."

Torrey can sometimes change peoples lifes and bring out the best in each of us. Even the sheep have exhibited a different type of behavior when Wurty comes into town. lmao.gif

Dennis Andress

Cheers! lurker.gif

Darth is not even in the same league as the Queen of Lean.

66624020-L.jpg

Cheers! lurker.gif

66624020-L.jpg

wave.gif....you guys make me laugh in the mornin...can't wait to see you all in Torrey!!!!!

Sir_Rodney

Torrey V was my first, I made friends and memories that will last a lifetime. Here is the group I rode with to Bryce Canyon, it was a fantastic day!

855538-DSC01088.JPG.4c61031a0b90516dd695e5b4c1115a8b.JPG

Lone_RT_rider

855538-DSC01088.JPG

Rod, that was an incredible day that I will never forget. We all seemed like one well oiled machine that day. Because of memories like that, I keep coming back to BMWST.com events for more. Friendships were born that day that still hold on strong.

Thanks man.... great memories...

Shawn

Cheers! lurker.gif

Norah the explora and Vlad the Impaler.

@ of my favorite faces of Torrey tongue.gif

66624020-L.jpg

wave.gif....you guys make me laugh in the mornin...can't wait to see you all in Torrey!!!!!

I am am hereby nominating this thread as the all time best thread on any web site I have ever read! Bar none!

Cheers! clap.gifclap.giflmao.giflmao.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Hi Mark,

I am a fellow Canadien living in California (San Jose) and will be looking to see you there. It will be my fisrt time as well in Torrey.

I just got back from a round trip in Redding to get a new seat for my RT (Russel Day Long) and I can wait to go on the road!

Real

Dennis Andress

Alright, I missed the excitement in the other thread. The concern of "who got there ahead of whom" escapes me. Torrey is about people. Sure, there are some great roads, made of some material that resembles Velcro, which are worth traveling across the country to ride. But, at the end of the day, it's the people who make it worth coming back to Torrey, time and time again. I'm looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones!!

Who's got pictures?

37825589-L.jpg

37825992-L.jpg

Alright, I missed the excitement in the other thread. The concern of "who got there ahead of whom" escapes me. Torrey is about people. Sure, there are some great roads, made of some material that resembles Velcro, which are worth traveling across the country to ride. But, at the end of the day, it's the people who make it worth coming back to Torrey, time and time again. I'm looking forward to meeting old friends and making new ones!!

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Dennis Andress
How did you get those rondels lined up so evenly? Luck I guess.

Luck, is only a matter of preparation....

Touche. Upon closer inspection I see there are four wheels and only 3 rondels. I was "blinded by the light", I mean rondels. No worries the pic still looks great.

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

+1 ... And honoring one who can no longer join us. bncry.gif

I don't usually go to Spring Torrey; the timing is just off for me, and it is always on or around my birthday. But this year I will make it in the Spring, in Gleno's memory.

Yes, those locations look familiar

Archived