IGNORED

CENTRAL MICHIGAN TECH DAZE, APRIL 21

Nevets

I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that made it to the First Anual Central Michigan Tech Daze! Thank you Mitch for sharing your knowledge, expertise and tire changing equipment. Thanks to all the other folks who helped in any way too. The tech day was a huge success and without everyone being there, either learning or teaching, today would have not been possible. I will post photos as soon as I figure out how to, that is, after I clean my bike lmao.gif Thanks again, keep posted here for photos.

What a great event. Thanks so much for hosting, and to the rest, thanks for helping. The facility was great, and I hope that you run it again. The idea of planning an overnight was interesting.

Thanks, Mike for all your work - the great facility and lots of food. Thanks, too, to Mitch for sharing his knowledge.

I hope to see you there next year.

cheers,

Peterh thumbsup.gif

Thanks Mike, I had great time and learned a few new tricks... The food was awesome and be sure to thank your friend for the use of the facilities and I hope your willing to host another event.. Good Job thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks

Dave

Mike, thanks for hosting the Tech Day. Please thank your boss for us for providing such a great facility. Thanks to Mitch for his time and experience. He always does an outstanding job teaching and helping. His tire changing equipment is excellent.

Joe Frickin' Friday
I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that made it to the First Anual Central Michigan Tech Daze! Thank you Mitch for sharing your knowledge, expertise and tire changing equipment.

I think we set some kind of record: we changed EIGHT tires yesterday! eek.gif I know from experience that it can be done solo, but with half a dozen extra helping hands, it goes eve more smoothly. Thanks to Burt for bringing his Marc Parnes balancer; it made speedy work of balancing all those wheels.

Changing all those tires was an eye-opener. We swapped rubber on wheels from an airhead bike, and we were able to break the beads with our bare hands; at the other end of the spectrum was a set of Dunlops from an 1150 that took everything I had to bust 'em loose. But in the end, all went well.

Thank you, Mike and your assistants, for hosting and coordinating all of the niceties that made it such a good time - the coffee and donuts in the morning, and the cookout at lunch time, the shop rags, and so on. Very much worth the trip from Ann Arbor.

I know some pics were taken, I'm waiting for someone to post 'em! lurker.gif

Mike,

Thanks for putting together such a great event. It was my first Tech Daze and my son and I enjoyed meeting the other beemer members. An extra thanks to Mitch as we were responsible for his sore Dunlop shoulder. Learned some things and met some great people, ate some great food and spent some extra time with my son. It doesn't get much better than that. Just finished staining the deck and putting up the screen house. It's time to go ridin'!

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

it has always been my take that NO PICTURES=IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!! lol.. hope to see some soon though lurker.giflurker.gif

I have 26 pics and can not figure out how to post em',...PLEASE HELP in really basic "you dunb a$$" lmao.gif language.

Thanks. dopeslap.gif

Hey Godfather! Start here. Then if you can't figure it out from there . . . well then you really are a dumb a$$! lmao.gif

I'm kidding! wink.gif

Thanks to Burt for bringing his Marc Parnes balancer; it made speedy work of balancing all those wheels.

It would have been even speedier if the guy putting the cones on the axle of the balancer (me) had gotten them as tight as they should have been each time. blush.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
Thanks to Burt for bringing his Marc Parnes balancer; it made speedy work of balancing all those wheels.

It would have been even speedier if the guy putting the cones on the axle of the balancer (me) had gotten them as tight as they should have been each time. blush.gif

That only burned us on one of the eight wheels, and FWIW, it was a valuable lesson.

For those not present: we did not wedge one of the cones of the Parnes balancer snugly into the wheel's center hole. The result was that it didn't hold the axle perfectly centered, and with the wheel sagging well below the centerline of that axle, it appeared at first glance like we were going to need ten pounds of lead to balance the wheel! Fortunately we caught it before we started adding weights. If you're new to the Parnes balancer (or any other balancer that centers itself on the wheel via means of universal cones), make sure you have the axle/cones installed tightly enough so that you can't wiggle the axle. thumbsup.gif

The facility

847466-TechDaze1_1.jpg

If you don't believe it was a huge garage/facility, take a look at the yellow dump truck in this picture! eek.gif

Someone at the Tech Day wanted to buy my HF tire changer. I think he sent me an email today, but I mistakenly deleted it. Would you please resend the message?

Thanks,

Archived