IGNORED

Hoon on the loose ..... Jacqueline heads to Alaska

Jacqueline

This "Search" is getting very complicated and the competition in getting hard to keep up with.......

First she flattened her own tire to meet some Arkansas men ....then starts feeding stray dogs to get the owner to give her a ride on his bike....now she throws her bike on it's side to meet the gas station owner.(She got that idea from Tom)

What's next???????

Great pix and story.

Have fun

Whip

Not sure what your itinerary is, but a couple of cool places to stay that appear to be close to you are Truckee NV and Nevada City CA.

Paul_Burkett

now she throws her bike on it's side to meet the gas station owner.(She got that idea from Tom)

Tom is out trying to pick up gas station attendants? OH! Whoda thought?

Jacqueline
This "Search" is getting very complicated and the competition in getting hard to keep up with.......

First she flattened her own tire to meet some Arkansas men ....then starts feeding stray dogs to get the owner to give her a ride on his bike....now she throws her bike on it's side to meet the gas station owner.(She got that idea from Tom)

Whip... the other evening while putting my tent up it occured to me that my tent stakes look similar to what I pulled out of my tire lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif.

I'm having an over load of FUN!!! Between my ride and you all here .... clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Jacqueline
Welcome to California Jacqueline wave.gif

Enjoy smile.gif

Thank you! I never knew how beautiful California was..... I'm loving every minute and mile of it!

Jacqueline

Visited the Lassen Volcanic Park.

151856807-L.jpg

151856788-L.jpg

Most of the Park was closed due to "SNOW" eek.gif , but I did get into the Park for about 5 miles.

151850827-L.jpg

151854526-L.jpg

151853088-L.jpg

This Mountain is alive.....

151854011-L.jpg

151854033-L.jpg

Do you know were your tax dollars go? Every red cent of my tax dollars grin.gifgoes into maintaining the roads into the National Parks clap.gif...

California has wildflowers also.......

151860048-L.jpg

151860059-L.jpg

151860067-L.jpg

Spoke with a young lady (guessing she is about 15) for about 20 minutes. She was full of questions about my trip. I enjoyed telling with her. I could tell she is a very bright, promising young person.

151860079-L.jpg

(notice another cute dog... clap.gif)

I thought it best that I get on down the road before her Mother came out of the store.... did not want her to think I fill your daughters head with thoughts of a motorcycle and Alaska grin.gif.

I hear there are Giant Redwoods.... off to find them...... wave.gif

I just hope you find a bigger dog in California...sheesh. grin.gif

Keep the pictures and stories coming!! I just got another box delivered to the house. Will see ya Thursday! Oh and check in with Richard, he gets sort of behind schedule if you don't touch base once in a while.

Take care!!

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Jacqueline

I’m in LOVE…… grin.gif with California!!!!

I see why the riders on the West Coast almost never come over to the East Coast. The roads here are the best roads I have ridden! thumbsup.gif (Keep in mind I have only ridden in 15 states (so far)).

I found the Giant Redwoods….and some fanatic roads.

Signs warning of Elk …..

152093499-L.jpg

152087822-L.jpg

152093526-L.jpg

152093543-L.jpg

Saw many of them. Passed a field with about 100 in it, still bedded down. They did not seem concerned about traffic. Also came upon a few deer along side the roads, they too were not concerned with traffic and just went about their business.

Leaning to the right, leaning to left, right, left, right through those Giant Redwoods…. Reminded me of the scene from Return of the Jedi (I believe it was that Star Wars movie). What roads, what trees, what a day!!!! I didn’t want to stop riding today.

152091120-L.jpg

152093511-L.jpg

152094961-L.jpg

152094999-L.jpg

152094986-L.jpg

More wild flowers...... they catch me eye everytime....

152096176-L.jpg

152096184-L.jpg

152096193-L.jpg

152096213-L.jpg

Rode through the Giant Redwoods and ended up at the Pacific Coast….

152097205-L.jpg

152097210-L.jpg

152097217-L.jpg

152097224-L.jpg

What a state! What a diversity of landscapes, temperatures, views ….. All beauty and all with fanatic roads. clap.gif

Looking for wine country next……..

It's all good.

Those are baby elk.(Utah size) wait till you get to Alaska.

The Redwoods on the other hand, now those are trees, nothing in Alaska grows like that.

Whip

Jacqueline, with all your recent vegetation shots I've got to ask...

You do know what poison-oak looks like?

This time of year it's (mostly) in it's green phase.

Glad your enjoying the State thumbsup.gif

If your heading south it's a lot dryer but that means more (dry) riding during the Winter/Sping.

Hi J.

I am glad you are enjoying yourself so much here in California. Having grown up in Va.,lived in N.C. and Pa., and now Ca. for 17 years there is absolutely no better state in terms of weather, topography, roads, etc. to be a motorcyclist. It sounds like your trip is now taking you north or towards the wine country. Trust me on this one, if you miss Yosemite, Kings Canyon, and the Sequoia Nat. Park you will be doing yourself and major injustice. The Redwoods seem to catch your interest. You have not seen Redwoods until you have been to Sequoia Nat. Forest (Sherman Tree et al.). Simply spectacular!! You could spend a year here in Ca. riding all the roads this state has to offer. I am pretty sure I have hit most of them from the Central Valley south but I still have the northern part of the state to explore. Thank you in advance for sharing your tales, experiences, and pictures as you make your way to Alaska. Godspeed.

KB

SC_SVRider

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I'm so jealous! thumbsup.gif

Anxiously waiting your next post to see where you end up next... lurker.gif

Knifemaker

Hey Jackie,

Club is getting ready for Ride Into History this coming weekend...Bernie saw Barb over the weekend looking good. Good news they may let her go home this coming weekend!!!!

We all miss seeing you...And we ALL wish you the best of luck...Watch out for those cute little dogs..some of them are EVIL lmao.gif

Keep up the GREAT pictures and the Great ride tales...DO NOT sell your house we want you back....

Your REAL friends in Florida....Did I mention we do NOT push women over on bikes in Florida lmao.giflmao.gif

Sorry Tom, This was one of Jackie's BEST ride tales.

BeniciaRT_GT
DAMN!!!! the story gets better and better thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Go Girl! YUGO Girl thumbsup.gif

lmao.gif

Yes it does!!!

152750105-L.jpg

She has now been officially introduced to my large steel balls!!!

Quite a day for her today, more later...

At least she isn't watching Dancing with the Stars....I hope. Oh and I am glad she got new shoes today.

Kaisr

RichEdwards

I'm not in awe of your trip at all. Anyone with an incredible love of adventure, courage, smarts, immense curiosity, etc. could do the same thing. wave.gif

Candy (my girlfriend), however, is in awe of your trip and is following your every mile.

(You have come quite a way from that girl in the gravel parking lot in N.Florida.) grin.gif

...more later...

I'd just like to say, & I think I speak for all of us here, this is one part of her trip I believe we could skip over. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Firefight911
...more later...

I'd just like to say, & I think I speak for all of us here, this is one part of her trip I believe we could skip over. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Ditto!!!

Go J Go!!! Awesome tale. Keep it coming. wave.gifclap.gif

I did warn her!

Jacqueline, go to your

tent. grin.gif

lurker.gif

Jacqueline

Rode along California 1, just a beautiful road along the Pacific Coast line. clap.gif

152808084-L.jpg

152808093-L.jpg

152809257-L.jpg

It was really surprising to see all the farms along the Coast thumbsup.gif and wonderful to see the coast line is not all covered with high-rise hotels and houses.

152809271-L.jpg

152811488-L.jpg

152816619-L.jpg

152816634-L.jpg

152817979-L.jpg

152818006-L.jpg

152811415-L.jpg

152819980-L.jpg

There were fields of cows and horses. The lay of the land and the fields of sheep reminded me of New Zealand.

Rode through Wine Country…. Stopped at one of the Wineries to enjoy their Tasting Room…. grin.gif

152958866-L.jpg

152958904-L.jpg

152958845-L.jpg

Just the Room no wine frown.gif for me this time (I won’t drink and ride).

152956940-L.jpg

152956949-L.jpg

Vineyards for as far as the eye can see…… Everything I’ve heard about Wine Country is true….just beautiful

I planned on staying just north of San Francisco for the night in a camp ground, but while on 101 looking for the park I soon found I had gone too far and was caught in the traffic. eek.gifeek.gif Before I knew it the Golden Gate Bridge was before me and you can not make U turns. eek.gif Cross the Golden Gate and turned right hoping to get out of the heavy flow of traffic…WRONG. I found I was taught in heavy traffic and just going with the flow for almost 3 hours. eek.gif I felt like a log floating down the river caught in a log jam.

Monday morning I arrived at Richard’s to a warm welcome… clap.gif. Right away asked Richard to look at my tires… I wanted his option on how many miles I might have left…… confused.gif Opinion rendered I need tires before Torrey.

Richard quickly pulled my bike into the garage to remove the rear wheel…..

clap.gif

152964670-L.jpg

152964686-L.jpg

152964664-L.jpg

We take off in the BMW (four wheels) to find a tire. Richard had me laughing and squealing has he showed me what the car would do…. eek.gifeek.gif We even took an off ramp from the expressway just to turn round and take the on ramp. This man belongs on a track… grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Monday is not a good day to find a motorcycle tire…. We stopped at one Cycle Store that was open to find they did

not have the tire we were after. Richard said Kim is often in his store California Sport Touring on Mondays even though he is closed on Sunday and Mondays ….

152976295-L.jpg

152976303-L.jpg

Kim had a tire. clap.gifclap.gif

152976285-L.jpg

152976390-L.jpg

152976371-L.jpg

Kim Leong

After the tire was mounted we talked about the front tire and decided now would be the best time to replace that one also….. So it was off to get something to eat…

152977595-L.jpg

Richard introduced me to Prawns … to this girl they looked like shrimp. Also had Pot stickers for the first time...

152977602-L.jpg

Our fortune cookies promise a good time at Torrey.

Then back to Richard’s to put the rear tire back on the bike in order to remove the front tire….. Back into the car and the expressway where Richard again had me laughing due to his need for speed eek.gif.

Part of getting ready for my adventure was to call the bank to let them know I would be on the road for 6 to 8 months going across country and into Alaska so I would not run into a problem with the cards a brought with me. Well…. While trying to pay for my tires my cards were declined!!! confused.gif What the #$%&^^*&^**! Got on the phone with the bank.

152982503-L.jpg

The first person I spoke with was not helpful so I was transferred. After speaking with the second person for a few minutes I asked that they check my file for a notation that should have been made….. there it was….. I was who I said I was, doing what I had told them I would be doing… they released the holds on my accounts.

Glad it happened there and not when I was in the middle of no where. Kim was great and I am thankful he helped me out when he was closed thumbsup.gif. Kim does alot of business on the internet check it out at www.CaSportTouring.com

Back to Richard’s to get the bike back together…..

Pizza for dinner ….Tried something new, Pizza with chicken and garlic and no red sauce. It was really very good!

152982477-L.jpg

And yes I watched Dancing With the Stars with Cheryl.

We are riding to Torrey together and I’m a little concerned……I have told Richard my bike will only do 110……. grin.gifgrin.gif. I may get left behind in the desert somewhere. eek.gif I believe we are headed out today....

Cheryl and Richard have been GREAT clap.gif.

KrazyHorse

Just wanted to chime in and say how envious I am too!!! As another FL rider I can appreciate how wonderful it must be to be getting to ride the roads you have been on and enjoy the views.

If you don't mind me asking how did you get to do this?? You look far too young in your pics to be retired. Just wondering what your secret is if you don't mind sharing. I would so love to do what you are doing someday, and I will most definitely, just hope it's not when I'm too old to really enjoy it. LOL

Keep it up with the great pics and stories we love sharing your adventure with you.

Patti (fellow FL chick on a bike) wave.gif

Any time Richard puts on latex gloves, WATCH OUT!

152964664-L.jpg

Oh, sure, he's looking at the tire NOW, but just you wait. tongue.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif

Darn! You mean we missed her?!

Great trip, great story, great pictures, Jackie. I really enjoy following your trip. Good for you!! thumbsup.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

Don't let her sweet little ride tales and writing style fool you.

She is a slave driver! She worked me like a dog for the last two days straight.

I'm sore, and whooped because she is simply relentless!

I'm quite sure it isn't my wanting everything to be in good "long term" shape for a lady alone on the road for 20,000+ more miles OR because she is such a sweetheart.

No, it is her cracking the whip on me to do all these projects!!! Horrible I'm telling you, horrible.

bakerzdosen

Oh, sure, he's looking at the tire NOW, but just you wait.

It's not the gloves that worry me so much as the waxmaster 900...
Don't let her sweet little ride tales and writing style fool you.

She is a slave driver! She worked me like a dog for the last two days straight.

I'm sore, and whooped because she is simply relentless!

I'm quite sure it isn't my wanting everything to be in good "long term" shape for a lady alone on the road for 20,000+ more miles OR because she is such a sweetheart.

No, it is her cracking the whip on me to do all these projects!!! Horrible I'm telling you, horrible.

Brother, you aint fooling nobody. I still miss her!

Kaisr

Oh, sure, he's looking at the tire NOW, but just you wait.

It's not the gloves that worry me so much as the waxmaster 900...

And drills.

How many cordless drills do you really need? confused.gif

Jacqueline,

Just because they call it "pizza" in California doesn't make it pizza!

111_large.jpg

grin.gif

We Want Updates!!!!

We Want Updates!!!!

We Want Updates!!!!

We Want Updates!!!!

We Want Updates!!!!

We Want Updates!!!!

[end]hint[/end]

lurker.gif

Her Royal Highness was at Killers yesterday morning and she mentioned that she was too traumatized by hanging out with Richard to post. Her plan is to check into some sort of treatment center in Oregon and gain the energy needed to tell that part of the story

154783428-L.jpg

You can see she is fine

Dr. Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Where'd she go !!?? blush.gif

Let's review.

She was in Torrey this weekend.

So was azkaisr.

and he proceeds to tell me something and at the same time, up rights his bike…… pushing my bike (with me on it) over! I also learned today that a Jesse bag can not occupy the same space as a BMW bag on a 1200GS with a man on it.

I think that should clear things up.

Poor Jacqueline. tongue.gif

edit;

Nice photo-chop job, Tom.

Till I here from her, I ain't buyin' it.

lurker.gif

Where'd she go !!?? blush.gif

Let's review.

She was in Torrey this weekend.

So was azkaisr.

and he proceeds to tell me something and at the same time, up rights his bike…… pushing my bike (with me on it) over! I also learned today that a Jesse bag can not occupy the same space as a BMW bag on a 1200GS with a man on it.

I think that should clear things up.

Poor Jacqueline. tongue.gif

I was at least 50 yards away the first time she fell in Torrey and over 15 miles the 2nd time. I think the girl has something for kissing mother Earth.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

I was at least 50 yards away the first time she fell in Torrey and over 15 miles the 2nd time. I think the girl has something for kissing mother Earth.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

So, you knocked her over once in your state, & TWICE in Torrey!?!

Man, you're building quite a reputation for yourself. tongue.gif

lmao.giflmao.gif

Archived