IGNORED

'06 K1200S blowout at Victory BMW

AZBaldur

I was at Victory BMW here in Chandler, AZ last weekend and noticed that they seem quite eager to unload their remaining '06 K1200S bikes. They're offering $2,500 off, plus free hard bags and a free GPS. What's the story at other dealerships, any blowout deals?

Are the staff at Victory bonussed on their customers "Driving Awards?"

Why don't you fly over and find out?

Although I bought a bike from them over four years ago, I have no affiliation with Victory BMW. This simply seemed like a good deal to me, so I thought I'd pass the word.

They're offering $2,500 off, plus free hard bags and a free GPS.

That has to be about 4k smile.gif

I would think that would move a few bikes.

Do they have one in graphite??? grin.gif

One more test ride on the S and I could be motivated to make a really impractical decision... blush.gif

One more test ride on the S and I could be motivated to make a really impractical decision... blush.gif

Laney-

It's too heavy, remember wink.gif

Come to the desert, buy the bike. I'll even meet you guys up there and buy lunch thumbsup.gif

What will happen to Buddy?

Laney-

It's too heavy, remember wink.gif

It must be the new and improved, much more brutal Yoga instructor...Either I got stronger or the S got lighter. grin.gif

Now the new KGT - that's heavy! blush.gif

You were gimpin' at the time if memory serves. grin.gif

Sooo, are you gonna buy a new one? I saw one of those "grey" ones today, very pretty.

A bit of a heads up: the drive on the K bikes has been redesigned 4 times in light of failures, and there is (surprise, surprise) no recall on units in the field. So if you buy one of these keep in mind that you might end up in a situation where you have a bike with an older design drive that may or may not fail under warranty.

A bit of a heads up: the drive on the K bikes has been redesigned 4 times in light of failures, and there is (surprise, surprise) no recall on units in the field. So if you buy one of these keep in mind that you might end up in a situation where you have a bike with an older design drive that may or may not fail under warranty.

I've not heard that. You mean that my final drive may or may not fail? confused.gif Will BMW fix it if it does? I'm really concerned. Maybe I should trade the bike for something with a chain or belt??? What do you think? lmao.gif

ESokoloff

I've not heard that. You mean that my final drive may or may not fail?

Actually I'm sure its the clutch/tranny.

My clutch already failed & the tranny can be uncomfortably clunky (sounding).

I do not feel comfortable with the drive as is & hope it fails before the warranty expires.

amac makes some valid points but it's still tiresome to hear the same BMW bashing from him/her so often tongue.gif

I do not feel comfortable with the drive as is & hope it fails before the warranty expires.

amac makes some valid points but it's still tiresome to hear the same BMW bashing from DanOpamielrahaczard so often tongue.gif

+1

lurker.gif

amac makes some valid points but it's still tiresome to hear the same BMW bashing from him/her so often tongue.gif

My S is an '05. I've heard about the clutch issues, and mine may require replacement at some point. If it does, I'll take it to Iron Horse and they will fix it. It's unfortunate that this might occur, but I can't imagine losing any sleep over it. It's a motorcycle, not one of my kids. Perhaps it's my faith that the guys at the dealership will take care of me that keeps me from worring about it. I'm also fortunate in that even if the bike had to spend a week or two in the shop, I've still got something to ride.

It was raining earlier, but the weather is clearing. Maybe I'll go do some max effort 0-100 blasts and see if I can get the thing to fail. grin.gif

Archived