IGNORED

speaker wires on '04RT

greyotter

I have been doing searches, but can't find a thread on the taking of signal from the speakers to put into my earphones.

I would be able to put the output of the radio into an autocom or J&M when I get one, but right now just want to access the signal.

Where do you access the wires? At the radio or at the speakers themselves.

I appreciate any help or directions to the appropriate thread.

Curt

Keene, NH

At the radio IMO, some radios have four speaker outputs 2 front and 2 rear, you could use the fader to balance the sound between the onboard speakers and the headset, I bought a Autocom 1319 optional cable with my autocom, this takes the speaker level down to a suitable headphone volume, good luck.

I have been doing searches, but can't find a thread on the taking of signal from the speakers to put into my earphones.

I would be able to put the output of the radio into an autocom or J&M when I get one, but right now just want to access the signal.

Where do you access the wires? At the radio or at the speakers themselves.

I appreciate any help or directions to the appropriate thread.

Curt

Keene, NH

greyotter, if you haven’t located the wires yet hopefully this isn’t too late.. On most auto/motorcycle radios the speaker output is too high to use regular ear buds.. My guess here is you will smoke those smaller ear phones in very short order.. (they will get hot in seconds then quit)..

I am doing similar to what you mention on my Harley & that is using ear buds on my Harley to bring the music into the helmet but still allow the speakers to remain working.. In order for that to work (use the radio speaker output channels with small ear phones) I had to use 2_10 ohm BY-DIRECTIONAL capacitors on the low side in order to use the 3 wire ear buds with the 4 wire floating ground radio speaker output then, install a 100 ohm 10 watt resistor in each speaker out line (between the output & the ear bud input) to keep the power level at a point below ear bud destruction..

If you need more info on this give me an E-Mail..

Twisty

Archived