IGNORED

Valve Adjustment and Idle

MrR1200RT

Smooth Idle before Valve Adjustment Rough Idle After any Idea's. My dealer said I would need adjust my throttle bodies. I bought a twin max removed all my plastic checked the vacuum variance with and without the servo motor connected and found no difference to adjust. but the needle moves very slightly left and right at idle. I almost wish I did not do the value adjustment, Air filter (K&N) and 4 plugs replaced. It almost seems like I have a slight ignition miss. eek.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

Are you sure you were at TDC when you did the valve adjustment? You didn't mix up the intake and exhaust feeler gauges did you?

You should have parked the idle air control motors before disconnecting them, did you? KenH has a method for doing this involving a sequence of off/on ignition switch settings. Don't think it parks them in the BMW sense but gets the job done.

Replaced your plugs, hmmmm, and now feels and acts like an ignition miss? Might want to throw the old ones back in. It is rare but sometimes they do get broken or arrive damaged.

I'd check to make sure the primary and secondary plug wires are connected and that the vacuum line connections are seated--hose on the left, cap on the right TB.

Jim VonBaden
Smooth Idle before Valve Adjustment Rough Idle After any Idea's. My dealer said I would need adjust my throttle bodies. I bought a twin max removed all my plastic checked the vacuum variance with and without the servo motor connected and found no difference to adjust. but the needle moves very slightly left and right at idle. I almost wish I did not do the value adjustment, Air filter (K&N) and 4 plugs replaced. It almost seems like I have a slight ignition miss. eek.gif

Since you did not adjust your TB's, they rarely need it, it is either in your valve adjust, or you didn't get the plug wires back on all the way.

Not much else it could be.

Jim cool.gif

Archived