IGNORED

BMW gets my applause!

paulcbrowne

paulcbrowne

I posted a note here about my RT simply shutting off when I was riding it shortly after taking it out of winter storage. One day I had a call from someone at BMW HQ to discuss the problem. The person took down details and asked me to at least talk to my dealer. I was amazingly pleased to see that BMW scans this forum and tries to follow up on problems.

I get sooooo tired of the whining about how bad BMW is. The only group worse than RT riders is LT riders in person!

I really love my RT and I'm even more pleased with the attitude of the manufacturer as well as Morton's BMW who sold and services the bike.

I've complained in the past too, but I recognize a pretty positive trend in attention to customers by the BMW organization.

You don't say whether you took it to the dealer, and whether they did anything to diagnose/fix the problem. confused.gif

Come on now - what's "big brother" about that? It's a public forum about their products for goodness sakes!

I think BMW deserves a little credit for trying to resolve owner issues. It seems to me the only way someone can have a problem with this is if they just enjoy belly-aching and it cramps their style when someone tries to fix the problem.

BMWNA monitors many of the Roadfly Bimmer forums and, apparently, this has resulted in the solution of some problems. Makes it tougher to whine about anything these days!

I posted a note here about my RT simply shutting off when I was riding it shortly after taking it out of winter storage. One day I had a call from someone at BMW HQ to discuss the problem. The person took down details and asked me to at least talk to my dealer. I was amazingly pleased to see that BMW scans this forum and tries to follow up on problems.

I get sooooo tired of the whining about how bad BMW is. The only group worse than RT riders is LT riders in person!

I really love my RT and I'm even more pleased with the attitude of the manufacturer as well as Morton's BMW who sold and services the bike.

I've complained in the past too, but I recognize a pretty positive trend in attention to customers by the BMW organization.

I think your experience with BMW is really great. Really, I do, but, I have to say that my initial reaction is the same as when they call me after service wondering how it went. That's great service too, but, frankly, I'd rather they lay off the telemarketers and give me a second key and a tool kit worth a damn. If they have to cut costs somewhere, it should be the telemarketers.

Archived