IGNORED

Hot Diggity!

PRC

I guess this is sort of a ride tale, but more of a dream come true. Today was the day that I had been looking forward to for a long time. I had visions of this day while I laid still in a hospital bed after a crash while I was at work leg1.jpg

So today was the day when a man dreams like a child for something he hopes will come true but never will. In my drug induced fog of July 2004, one moment of clarity was there. The words, "I'll never get on a motor with you or anyone after this" flowed from my brides mouth.

Well my friends, today was the day when never came, when hell froze over, pigs flew and cats and dogs lived together in harmony. Today, my wife gave me the best anniversary present a man could ask for, she made a dream come true! She rode with me, although it was a short ride, it was a ride none the less.

She gets on with trust and faith

MountingUp.jpg

On board she smiles with nervous energy

GettinRaedy.jpg

And we're off for an hour of great joy..

OffWeGo.jpg

Upon our arrival back at the house, she said, "That was fun....we'll do it again." Again, a man can dream the dream and know that one day, it'll come true. And that my friends is that! Just wanted to share the joy, lame as it may be.

NoLongeraK1200RSRider

Good on you.. and her!! clap.gif It is so nice to have that special someone to accompany you on the ride. thumbsup.gif Congrats!

My wife used to ride two up until she broke her hip at church. Then we got a side car, then a tent trailer. Then we were given flamigos because everyone knows that trailer trash have flamingos. After that it was the happy hours with Flamingos-ritas.....Like is an abyss. See you at the rallies, stop bye for a Flamingo-rita. blush.gif

Nothing lame about it.

Congrats to both of you! thumbsup.gifclap.gif

Absolutely +1 thumbsup.gif

I've ridden a million hours on everything with wheels, but had never ridden as a pillion until last summer. A friend sold his Honda CBR to a guy that lives about 125 miles away, so for one last ride he rode the CBR down and I followed on his RT. We rode back together two-up.... He's my age, has about the same number of years of riding experience (40+), we both took the MSF Rider Coach training together, so felt comfy in each other's skills. But neither of us had ridden a mile in all those years as a pillion! We thought this would be a great opportunity to see what it's like "back there".

Well, I can tell you it is a SERIOUS leap of faith! I don't consider myself a control freak, but it was pretty strange to get on a bike and have absolutely no control over it. I took the first stage as rider with my friend as pillion (he said he was too emotional over selling the CBR to drive first, ha ha ha!). After 60 miles we stopped and switched. "Wierd, but quite comfortable and actually kind of fun!" he said. After sixty more miles with me on back I felt the same way.

It takes a tremendous amount of faith, in my estimation, to get on the back of a bike with someone else in control. I knew this and had always ridden very carefully when I had a pillion on, but I had never fully appreciated it until I rode as pillion. Talk about TRUST! Riding is a dangerous endeavor, and to willingly participate while having virtually no control while engaged in that dangerous endeavor is a really big statement of faith and trust. And being the rider in control is a very big responsibility.

So, this story isn't lame at all! thumbsup.gifgrin.gifthumbsup.gif

OK, I have to add a funny bit... We had pulled over to switch riders, two guys riding two up on an RT. I was standing alongside the road, no helmet, Jeff standing by the bike without his on either. As we stood there, a group of big bad boy Harley riders pulled in. Jeff starts yelling, "Doug, put your helmet back on so they'll think you're a woman! These guys will think funny things about us!" But I was busted since I was standing there relieving myself of all the coffee I'd drunk.... tongue.gif They stared and I laughed! Appearances are not always what they seem, are they?

Doug

She's braver than I am...I wouldn't get on there with you!!! blush.gifwave.gif

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

lurker.gif

Aww Richard, here I thought you wanted to snuggle up to me REAL close! dopeslap.gif Oh well, guess I have to dream a little more! lmao.giflmao.gif

[quoteI've ridden a million hours on everything with wheels, but had never ridden as a pillion until last summer. A friend sold his Honda CBR to a guy that lives about 125 miles away, so for one last ride he rode the CBR down and I followed on his RT. We rode back together two-up.... He's my age, has about the same number of years of riding experience (40+), we both took the MSF Rider Coach training together, so felt comfy in each other's skills. But neither of us had ridden a mile in all those years as a pillion! We thought this would be a great opportunity to see what it's like "back there".

Well, I can tell you it is a SERIOUS leap of faith! I don't consider myself a control freak, but it was pretty strange to get on a bike and have absolutely no control over it. I took the first stage as rider with my friend as pillion (he said he was too emotional over selling the CBR to drive first, ha ha ha!). After 60 miles we stopped and switched. "Wierd, but quite comfortable and actually kind of fun!" he said. After sixty more miles with me on back I felt the same way.

It takes a tremendous amount of faith, in my estimation, to get on the back of a bike with someone else in control. I knew this and had always ridden very carefully when I had a pillion on, but I had never fully appreciated it until I rode as pillion. Talk about TRUST! Riding is a dangerous endeavor, and to willingly participate while having virtually no control while engaged in that dangerous endeavor is a really big statement of faith and trust. And being the rider in control is a very big responsibility.

So, this story isn't lame at all! thumbsup.gifgrin.gifthumbsup.gif

Just remember that you don't have a front brake when you're riding pillion and watch what you squeeze. lmao.gif

That's just a cool story!!!

Thanks for sharing. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Thanks Phil, working on getting her to Jamie's status....baby steps, baby steps! thumbsup.gif

Just remember that you don't have a front brake when you're riding pillion and watch what you squeeze.

No comment on what got sqeezed lmao.gif

It takes a tremendous amount of faith, in my estimation, to get on the back of a bike with someone else in control.

You're so right, that's why it was much sweeter to have her with me! thumbsup.gif

Les is more

There may not be much work involved in getting her on her own bike. The first step is to see whether she'd have any interest in an MSF Basic course. Understanding more about riding the bike could make her a better pillion or it just might convince her that the handlebars ought to be in her hands! grin.gif Either way, riding together is wonderful! I wish the two of you many blissful miles together. Kudos to your wife for taking the plunge!!

There may not be much work involved in getting her on her own bike. The first step is to see whether she'd have any interest in an MSF Basic course. Understanding more about riding the bike could make her a better pillion or it just might convince her that the handlebars ought to be in her hands! Kudos to your wife for taking the plunge!!

Thank you very much, however, I dont think I'll dream THAT big!! BTW, happy birthday!!!!!!

Kudos to you, big time to your wife. She trusts you, she wants to be with you, what more is there to want? thumbsup.gif

ummmm...... a new 12GT/LT/RT ?? lmao.gif

Thanks Paul,

I know how special it is..I tell everyone that she deserves better then me and that she married well below herself!

OK, I told you my calm, mature, conscientious conversation with her would one day pay off. cool.gif

Having met the lovely lady, I can guarantee that she's capable of squeezing whatever she wants/needs to and one ought not disagree. grin.gif

Pete, let me know if ya'll want to do a weekend ride.

I'll be glad to bring Beth and let you earn brownie points as I set a bad example. lmao.gif

Just kiddin'.

Seriously, we need to get them together so they can talk gear/fashion. Once that door gets opened, there's no turning back. smirk.gif

wave.gif

OK, I told you my calm, mature, conscientious conversation with her would one day pay off. cool.gif

Having met the lovely lady, I can guarantee that she's capable of squeezing whatever she wants/needs to and one ought not disagree. grin.gif

Pete, let me know if ya'll want to do a weekend ride.

I'll be glad to bring Beth and let you earn brownie points as I set a bad example. lmao.gif

Just kiddin'.

Seriously, we need to get them together so they can talk gear/fashion. Once that door gets opened, there's no turning back. smirk.gif

wave.gif

Tim, oh wise one on par with Buddah (sp), I never doubted you for a minute. However, I will take this one baby step at a time. She will set the pace. As for getting together.. thumbsup.gif ! As soon as my baseball schedule relaxes, we'll meet up. Thanks again.

Sweet! I really miss Leslie riding behind me. She indulges me every so often and I pretend I can't hear her thinking: "Why's he braking now? I never would've turned in THAT early. Wow, what a lousy line that was. I sure miss my bike. Are we there yet?" smirk.giflmao.gif

Archived