IGNORED

"That Didn't Suck" - El Paseo check in thread,

steve.foote

I think the hyper, frothing at the mouth, sensationalistic Weather Channel ruined many potential great rides on Saturday as many people headed home instead of enjoying another riding day and to top it off they missed a great catered dinner.

Agree Ken. That is the reason I came up anyway. I knew we would get a good ride in Friday. I took a gamble the weatherman would be wrong or we would get lucky. I think both happened. We left Saturday early hoping to get in 2 hours and we would be happy. We ended up riding the BRP all the way to the top of Mt. Mitchell and back.

It was perfect riding with dry roads and cloudy skies (no shadows). It rained all Saturday night and we got up Sunday and had clear sailing all the way to Atlanta. Only complaint is the incredible wind we got from Clayton, GA to home. I once saw the rider in front of me get knocked so hard I saw the side of his bike. Yikes! blush.gif

In at 2:30 Sunday. Thanks to Mark and Christine again for organizing everything. Those were some excellent groceries on Saturday. Peach cobbler is nice but having a lady walk around putting scoops of Bryers on it was decadent. Lord have mercy!

Thanks to Alan (Foot) for being a good roomie and tolerating my flatulence. wink.gifThanks to Marc and Pom for the ride up and back. And finally thanks to Jim for leading and your radar detector on Saturday. I will run sweep for you anytime, Maverick.thumbsup.gif

It was great to see all of you. Can't wait for BBB and the next El Paseo.

I am Spartacus!

Arrived home about an hour ago. Riding in that intense wind Sunday wore me out, so I spent the night in Indy/Carmel.

As always, I had a great time. Many thanks to Mark, Christine and all who helped put this together.

thumbsup.gif

Just realized,the Blairsville Witch never made an appearance. confused.gif

Maybe Mark paid her off,or maybe she was not there...Hmmm...who was missing...???? lurker.gif

Oh, he/she was there. Trust me... smirk.gif

Todd, what you need to be concerned about is getting a picture of your new KTM 950 posted! wink.gif

143852249-M.jpg

144285184-M.jpg

I thought this was a shot of Andy Raye proclaiming to be Spartacus. Kind of has the Kirk Douglas thing going. grin.gif

I agree and have changed my avatar accordingly!

I am Spartacus (with a beer gut)! lmao.gif

Sounds like a great trip.

Roadcrafters do well behind an RT's fairing, but are not very good in the rain on a naked bike.

Did you come to that realization before or after your boots started to fill with water?

russell_bynum

Roadcrafters do well behind an RT's fairing, but are not very good in the rain on a naked bike.

Did you come to that realization before or after your boots started to fill with water?

LOL! After.

I've worn it for about 3 hours in a driving rain behind the RS's relatively small fairing and got only minor seepage around the zippers, but on the Tuono, the whole suit is waterlogged, and water pours in through the leg zippers (and fills up your boots), and pools in your lap, wetting your crotch.

steve.foote

Maybe Mark paid her off,or maybe she was not there...Hmmm...who was missing...???? lurker.gif

Good catch, Todd. I was thinking about that on the way home. Did anyone call in sick? lmao.gif

Was it the witch, or the target, that was missing?

Or both?

I saw some perfectly good bumper stickers that went unused... smirk.gif

Perhaps there was a parking lot gnome that undid the witchery before some of you were up and about at the crack of 9:30 lmao.gif

Maybe you haven't looked in the right places?

Anyone check the top of their trailer? grin.gifgrin.gif

steve.foote
Was it the witch, or the target, that was missing?

Or both?

I saw some perfectly good bumper stickers that went unused... smirk.gif

Perhaps there was a parking lot gnome that undid the witchery before some of you were up and about at the crack of 9:30 lmao.gif

Maybe you haven't looked in the right places?

Anyone check the top of their trailer? grin.gifgrin.gif

You dirty dog! I'm ashamed to admit I just went out to check. dopeslap.gif

grin.gif

LOL! After.

I've worn it for about 3 hours in a driving rain behind the RS's relatively small fairing and got only minor seepage around the zippers, but on the Tuono, the whole suit is waterlogged, and water pours in through the leg zippers (and fills up your boots), and pools in your lap, wetting your crotch.

What about snow?

russell_bynum

LOL! After.

What about snow?

Hard to say. Since it was already waterlogged long before we got to the snow, I can't really say how it did with the snow.

I can say this much: 40-degree water in the crotch is not fun. eek.gif

StretchMark

I agree and have changed my avatar accordingly!

I am Spartacus (with a beer gut)!

Perfect Andy! Now nobody will be disapponted when James Brown does not show up at these events wink.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
I can say this much: 40-degree water in the crotch is not fun. eek.gif

You just described my entire Wednesday afternoon last week.

harleyjohn45

this was my first EL Paseo and i really had a nice time. my wife and brother-in-law also enjoyed the visit. we met a lot of nice people and ate a lot of good food. we left sunday morning, it was a chilly ride to columbus georgia, but we had no rain. i plan to be out west in the fall, but i'm looking forward to next spring.

thanks to everyone who helped in putting it on.

john

Bill Murray

Dick Williams and I had a great ride home on Saturday (hated to leave a day early, but real life always seems to get in the way). This was my first El Paseo, and I really enjoyed meeting some of you! Chris and Shannon -- thanks for the sales pitch for RideSmart; I will be watching for a future session. Last but not least, thank to to Mark and everyone else for your work organizing the event.clap.gif I'm looking forward to attending the next El Paseo.

Made it home at 4pm Sunday - left at 7am with the temps around 57 degrees and watched it drop all the way to Chattanooga down to 40 where it stayed until the Miss. line. Quite a bit of rain too, but the rides Fri and Sat more than made up for the long ride home.

Thanks to Mark and Christine and everyone else for a great weekend!

My brother and I rolled into Nashville Saturday about 12:30 ... hated to leave early frown.gif, but his family obligations called for more caution than I would have exhibited had I been on my own smirk.gif

Nevertheless, had an absolutely wonderful time!! It was great to see my RideSmart friends again (Lynne & Jerry, I'll be PM'g you about the VFR weekend cool.gif; Kinney & John, thank you for coming back Friday afternoon to ride with me and Kurt) and to make some new friends too!! (Christine ... I'm serious about the UnRally!)

The icing on the cake: I got to meet and converse with the legend that is Marty Hill! Who could ask for more?? tongue.gif

A great big thanks to all of you who made the weekend happen. thumbsup.gif

CousinEddie

Great time!!! Thanks to all who put this together. Anybody know the date/location for the next El Paseo? Planning some vacation to Florida with the wife in October and I hate to end up having to tell her she has to go to sunshine state on her own (yeah right...) grin.gif

The icing on the cake: I got to meet and converse with the legend that is Marty Hill! Who could ask for more?? tongue.gif

Shannon, we need to work on raising your expectations and your sense of accomplishment for these events. wink.gifgrin.gif

Sorry, Marty, she tee'd it up for me, buddy! wink.gifgrin.gif

I made a stop in Atlanta so I've just now arrived home. The wind hasn't stopped for 3 days!

Thanks to everyone (especially Mark, Christine, Steve, and Sylvia)for a good time. Wow! Not only tables to eat at but flowers on them too.

If you need more proof as to how good our timing was, I tried to ride the Cherohala on Mon but was stopped cold at about 3000 feet by impassable snow and ice cover. Not even car tire tracks to ride in.

Since you asked about the hotel my two cents is that it was a great central location that allowed the Skyway and the Gap as well as rides to Roan or even Blowing Rock and south to Ga. The minus side was the lack of eateries within walking distance. Would Franklin be a possibility? Larger town but still centrally located.

See you all in the fall (or at Mayhem or the WV Un.)

Shannon, we need to work on raising your expectations and your sense of accomplishment for these events. wink.gifgrin.gif

I don't know Tasker ... at least this way, I'm very rarely disappointed lmao.gif

I don't know Tasker ... at least this way, I'm very rarely disappointed lmao.gif

Very nice! thumbsup.gifgrin.gif

Hmm, a back handed complement. grin.gif

Tasker, careful...Shannon is smarter than both of us combined. dopeslap.gif

Good to see both of you are hard at work. lmao.gif

russell_bynum
Hmm, a back handed complement. grin.gif

Tasker, careful...Shannon is smarter than both of us combined. dopeslap.gif

That's not saying much. Shesh...I've got a cat who's smarter than you two clowns. lmao.gif

It was great chatting with you, Marty. Shannon...nice meeting you. I always feel like I don't get enough time to talk to everyone, and you certainly fit into that category. frown.gif (Then there was that friggin' Davis guy...I couln't get rid of him for anything.)

Tasker: You're a putz. We missed you.

Shannon...nice meeting you. I always feel like I don't get enough time to talk to everyone, and you certainly fit into that category. frown.gif (Then there was that friggin' Davis guy...I couln't get rid of him for anything.)

Same here Russell ... but I'll be sure to catch you next time wave.gif

RandyShields

Perfect! Sorry we didn't get a chance to catch up, but with that tough-guy new avatar and a new ride to replace the Ducati, we'll definitely include you in the GS ride next El Paseo! grin.gif

StretchMark

I hate to have to bring this up again.

I have received additional dinner funds from a few folks who decided to leave early. Thank you very much! For those of you that replied "Yes" for the dinner but decided not to stay and did not let me know by 9am Friday, you can paypal me at madavis@nortel.com or contact me via PM to arrange other methods of payment.

I do know exactly who has paid and who hasn't, but I won't resort to public humiliation just yet smirk.gif

I do know exactly who has paid and who hasn't, but I won't resort to public humiliation just yet smirk.gif

Hey buddy, give me the list and I'll be the bad guy for you! I'm not shy about stuff like this!

Hell, pissing off people is one of my special talents! eek.gifgrin.gif

steve.foote

Hey buddy, give me the list and I'll be the bad guy for you! I'm not shy about stuff like this!

Ok, now I really want you to move in next door. I'll give you a week to get settled in, then I have a lengthly list for you to work through. wink.gif

Ok, now I really want you to move in next door. I'll give you a week to get settled in, then I have a lengthly list for you to work through. wink.gif

LOL!

StretchMark

Thanks to all those who sent money for the Saturday dinner. With those payments and the extra donations many of you so generously gave, I did not have to dip into the Friday night cookout money. thumbsup.gif Thanks!

After paying the $50 rental fee for that nice grill and paying RightSpin back for all the fixin's we still had $200 left to go to the Gleno Fund.

steve.foote

Alright, here are a few pix from me.

Silvia and I went to see the Wheels Through Time museum with Spike and Patti. This was one of the pics I particularly liked. You can spend hours and hours wandering around here.

IMG_1625.jpg

Would you trust your motorcycle with this crew? grin.gif

IMG_1644.jpg

Vittles on Saturday night.

IMG_1648.jpg

Shot of Saturday night dinner.

IMG_1657.jpg

Spike pleaded with me not to show this one. A lot of good that did. grin.gif

IMG_1613.jpg

Archived