IGNORED

Good news for Garmin users with Macs...

HexHead

I got this email today from them...

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International.

We have released a beta version of our Webupdater for our USB GPS units,

we are still working on the rest of our Mac software for our units.

When it is available there will be a press release on our website."

Here's a link to the download page...

http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27

Thanks a lot. Its about time. Can you get it to work. When I try to go into GARMIN mode with it plugged into the iMac, the program shuts down.

I received an email from Garmin last week about Mapsource for Mac and they said it would be available sometime late in the year - which is exactly what they said a year ago. smile.gif

Rocket_Cowboy

I'm stuck running Parallels for my Garmin support anyway. Even if/when they release a compatible MapSource, I still need the windows support for Streets and Trips.

But it will be a step forward.

I received an email from Garmin last week about Mapsource for Mac and they said it would be available sometime late in the year - which is exactly what they said a year ago. smile.gif
ahhhh progress! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

i don't know what's good about it, they haven't work out the bugs, yet. last week i tried to update my nuvi & the gps crashed, i should have read the disclaimer...

• 1 month later...
Mark Tuttle

So by running Bootcamp or Parallels it is possible to use the Garmin software? I've never even updated the firmware on my 2610 (didn't want to take a chance with someone else's PC and in the time it took to download windows xp security updates my Virtual PC 7 program was full of viruses).

Mark

Rocket_Cowboy
So by running Bootcamp or Parallels it is possible to use the Garmin software? I've never even updated the firmware on my 2610 (didn't want to take a chance with someone else's PC and in the time it took to download windows xp security updates my Virtual PC 7 program was full of viruses).

I have an Intel-based Macbook Pro (Core2Duo). I run XP inside of Parallels, and both update my GPSs (60CS, 2730, NavIII) and send routes/waypoints down to the units. I run Microsoft Streets and Trips 2007 to plan my routes, GPSu to convert them to gpsx, then MapSource to transfer the routes to my GPS units ... all within Parallels on OSX.

Works great for me.

I successfully used the Mac Beta Webupdater to update the firmware in both my Garmin Map 60CS and in my Nav III. No problem.

Archived