IGNORED

Stock Seat ?--04 RT

jbgheat

John Bentall

The Comfort Seat on the R1100RT became the stock seat on the R1150RT. So all 1150RT's left the factory with the "comfort seat".

All 03s did, so I assume the 04s did also. Just call Sargent you will be glad you did.

Pat

+1 thumbsup.gif

Phil.......Redbrick

Did all 04's come with the BMW Comfort Seat as the stock seat?

As the owner of an 04 rt w/comfort seat, I must ask, "how bad was the stock non-comfort seat".

Comfort must be a word that doesn't translate so well from German! tongue.gif

"Comfort" seat is a great example of an oxymoron.

My neighbor has an 04 and just replaced the stock "comfort" seat with a Corbin and was going to trade me his "comfort" seat for the stock seat off an 1100. Now if one really wants to get a feel for an "uncomfortable" seat try the one off the 1100's before the "comfort" seat was introduced!

ShovelStrokeEd

Beauty, or in this case comfort, is in the seat of the beholder.

I have hundreds of thousands of miles of riding on the stock (non-comfort) seats on a cross section of BMW motorcycles. Many, many of those miles in 750-1000+ mile days. Never felt the need to change them. In fact, on a couple of the used bikes I have purchased, I have removed the aftermarket seat and gone back to a stocker, my Blackbird being one example.

Now, to be fair, almost all my bikes have or had a far more sporting riding position than does an RT so I'm not sitting back on my butt but supporting more of my weight on the backs of my thighs. I tend to prefer narrower, flat seats that allow a good bit of fore and aft movement and don't interfere with my "sneaking a cheek" style of cornering. That said, the 30 year old seat foam on the dual seat of my '78 R100S can turn that bike into a torture device in 200 miles. Bob's has the solution for that hanging on the wall in his parts department and I'll order one, one of these days.

tom collins

i think a standard seat was available as a no-cost option. they were lower to the ground so some of them might have that.

tom collins

Stan Walker

Now if one really wants to get a feel for an "uncomfortable" seat try the one off the 1100's before the "comfort" seat was introduced!

Really? Darn, I better not tell by hind-quarters about that. I'm still sitting on my "non-confort" seat from my '96 R1100RT. I moved it to my R1150RT because I like it just fine.

I think it just goes to show that no one seat works for everyone.

Or maybe some of you are really "tender-asses" smile.gif

Stan

"Or maybe some of you are really "tender-asses"

This tender ass has tried everything. I refer to my comfort seat as an "uncomfort seat". However, I even have a problem sitting in a straight chair. I guess anatomy has something to do with it.

I just sent my "uncomfort" seat off to Rick Mayer last week for a custom job. I sure hope he recovers from his accident. Not only because of my seat, but he is a great guy. wave.gif

Archived