IGNORED

My replacement RT

gettysburg

Four months after my motorcycle accident; which totalled my bike and resulted in a fractured wrist, I picked up my replacement bike this past Saturday from Bob's BMW.

'07 R1200RT (Beige Sand Metallic)

Cruise Control

Bike Computer

Heated Grips

Heated Seat

Brushed Stainless Steel Exhaust(No Chrome)

My last RT had ESA; which I never really used, so I decided not to get it this time. I'm liking the new brakes, but it makes me wonder why BMW even bothered with the servo-assist brakes in the first place. The side cases on the '07 fit much more securely than on my last RT('05). It appears they redesigned the bottom mounting point.

The only thing I don't like about the bike is that it's not Piedmont Red bncry.gif

143095869-L.jpg

Good luck with the new bike. thumbsup.gif That Sand Beige is starting to grow on me.

I think Sand Beige is much more attractive in person than in pix. It would be my first choice if not for Bairritz Blue. Like original poster, I much prefer the unassisted brakes on my RT to the servo brakes on the sold GS.

Just the other day I was wondering if you got back to riding (I remember your collision and I'm local). Great looking bike! I'm partial to the Beige Sand metallic. Good luck with it. I hope you're wrist is all better, too. Maybe I'll see you on the road someday. wave.gif

Just the other day I was wondering if you got back to riding (I remember your collision and I'm local).

The accident occurred at 97 & Gettysburg Rd.; heading toward Littlestown. Even before the accident, I didn't much like riding down 97. We've lived in Gettysburg for 4 years now and I can't remember a time where there hasn't been construction on that road.

Great looking bike! I'm partial to the Beige Sand metallic. Good luck with it.

It was my 3rd color choice behind Red and Blue. I couldn't find any leftover '06s in Red and the Blue bikes I found weren't optioned that way I wanted.

I hope you're wrist is all better, too. Maybe I'll see you on the road someday. wave.gif

Orthopedic surgeon gave the all clear on my wrist. There's still some slight stiffness, but it's getting better.

I saw the Sand Beige at Hebert Cycles in Baton Rouge last month. First one I had seen in person. If I would have had an option, I would have gotten that color.

Enjoy the new ride thumbsup.gif

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Sweet! The sand beige is my favorite color, and I agree that it looks much better in person.

Enjoy.

I hope you're wrist is all better, too. Maybe I'll see you on the road someday. wave.gif

Orthopedic surgeon gave the all clear on my wrist. There's still some slight stiffness, but it's getting better.

Hope your wrist is 100% soon. If not I'd highly recommend finding a good physical therapist. I recently went thru rehab of a badly sprained ankle. Had sprained the ankle several times before (sports injury) and this was the first time I worked with a PT. I was amazed at how much faster I recovered and also the extent to which an ankle sprain affected the other muscles in my leg.

Love the new bike! thumbsup.gif Wish this color had been an option when I was shopping.

The accident occurred at 97 & Gettysburg Rd.; heading toward Littlestown. Even before the accident, I didn't much like riding down 97. We've lived in Gettysburg for 4 years now and I can't remember a time where there hasn't been construction on that road.

Glad you're back in the saddle. thumbsup.gif

I've lived in the area since 1973 and Rt. 97 hasn't really been touched until recently with the construction on the Gettysburg Outlets complex and now the bridge at Two Taverns. As the traffic volume increases all of the main two lane roads are becoming higher risk. It's heads-up territory for sure.

James,

I like your bike, but I'm partial. I picked up my '07 on Thursday, albeit in blue. I notice you say "Inseam Challenged." I, too, have that problem coupled with some rather beat up hips and knees. I had originally ordered the low seat thinking it would be better. It was terrible. Today, I went back to the dealer, got a peg lowering kit, bar risers, and a normal seat. It's much better. Seems my posterior was too close too the pegs, and my short arms were too far from the bars. I will play with the seat somemore, and may even get brave enough to try it in the upper position, but I am already tippy-toeing, so that may not work. Might have to head to Day Long for a saddle.

I'm glad that you got up, and got back on the horse. Too many don't.

Gary

Archived