IGNORED

BMW Service Costs......

Redbrick

Curious about cost of 6,000 and 12,000 services on R models in your area....About $500 for a 6,000 and $700 for a 12,000 in our area....

Phil.........Redbrick

Got curious and looked it up; $280 for the 6k, $350/12k.

Seems reasonable compared to you but then again, paid $470 for a set of tires! eek.gif Now buy, mount and balance myself.

First time paid for the equipment. thumbsup.gif

Mike, I noticed you are from Highland Village. I live in Denton. Did you get those prices from BMW of Fort Worth or from the dealer in Plano. I bought my 07 RT from the dealer in Fort Worth. I paid $450 for the 600 mile check. That's why I was wondering which dealer you got those prices from.

Jimster

• 5 weeks later...

Just had my 6K done. $457 at Battley's in Gaithersburg.

Breakdown was 4 hrs labor @$85, plus $93 in parts, silly "shop supplies", and $5 sales tax on the parts.

No cylinder guards to remove, by the way.

Cheers,

Michael

Dave_in_TX
Curious about cost of 6,000 and 12,000 services on R models in your area....About $500 for a 6,000 and $700 for a 12,000 in our area....

Phil.........Redbrick

I paid $167.00 for a 6K service. That didn't include parts since I supplied my own oil and filter (I had originally planeed to change oil myself but didn't have time).

Rocket_Cowboy
Mike, I noticed you are from Highland Village. I live in Denton. Did you get those prices from BMW of Fort Worth or from the dealer in Plano. I bought my 07 RT from the dealer in Fort Worth. I paid $450 for the 600 mile check. That's why I was wondering which dealer you got those prices from.

I can't answer for Mike, but will add in my own experiences.

I use BMW of North Dallas. My 600 mile service was similar to yours ... roughly $450, but I also had a Centech fuse block installed during that same service. I just had my 6K service done about 3 weeks ago, $280 for that. I'll let you know what the 12K service costs me in a little less than a month. smile.gif

Just had my 6K done. $457 at Battley's in Gaithersburg.

Breakdown was 4 hrs labor @$85, plus $93 in parts, silly "shop supplies", and $5 sales tax on the parts.

No cylinder guards to remove, by the way.

Cheers,

Michael

My 10,000km (6,000m) service only took 2 hours and I have cyl head protectors fitted???

Ian

Jim,

Sorry I took so long to answer your question; I simply forgot to get back to you!! My bad. dopeslap.gif

Bought my bike and have all the service work done at BMW of North Dallas (actually located in Plano).

There mechanics are very knowledgeable and do a great job "wrenching" on the bikes. The gentleman who runs the Parts Department, Robert, and his assistant, Chase do a wonderful job as well & will get whatever you need, even if they don't normally carry it. All-in-all a good place to go.

That being said, I've learned to do a lot of the required maintenance myself, mostly as a result of this Board & folks I've met here via "Tech Daze" and just riding together. Kinda part of the deal & it funds future "farkles" to boot! smile.gif

WE ride a lot of weekends; pm me if you'd like to join us. Gotta like pie thou....

Phil.........Redbrick

Phil, there have been some prior threads on this same topic - from what I recall you've got the highest prices I remember, but not by much. Prices do vary a lot with region. I just did my 6K with a local shop which specialized in Beemers but isn't a Beemer dealer. I figure the $$$ I saved on the service will go back into some new riding gear at the dealer. I'm doin' my best to keep BOTH shops open! dopeslap.gif

Cheers,

Greg

Jim VonBaden

If the price and inconvenience of having a dealer do it is a big pain to you, and you have some basic skills, just do it yourself!

I have since the beginning, and never had a warranty issue refused.

Jim cool.gif

If the price and inconvenience of having a dealer do it is a big pain to you, and you have some basic skills, just do it yourself!

Jim cool.gif

Thanks to your DVD Jim, we're going to do just that thumbsup.gif...Collecting necessary tools and re-watching your DVD....

Thanks again.....

Phil..........Redbrick

Dick_at_Lake_Tahoe_NV

I bought a set of Conti Road Attacks from an Internet supplier--$220 including shipping. Took the wheels into a local independant motorcycle shop for mounting and balancing for $25/each including tire disposal fee of 3-bucks.

Just had my 6,000 mile done on R1200RT at Grassroots BMW in Cape Giradeau MO (100 mi south of St Louis) and they charged me about $150 but I changed my own oil and filter before I got there. I was mostly interested in TB synch and fault codes. They did the whole job, plus changed two tires--more for that--and I was able to talk to the tech as he worked. This dealership is awesome. If you get the chance to ride through this area, they will treat you right. Their attitude is to take care of the customer and the customer will help you care or the business. For me it's worth the ride to get the service! clap.gif

Archived