IGNORED

Tire valve question

Lawman

What size tire valve fits the R1200RT?

Should they be replaced as routine maintenance?

If so, do you just knock them out and in?

Aluminum_Butt

HERE is a recent thread on how often they should be changed. It seems you may as well ask about syn versus dino oil. tongue.gif

There is a tool that you can get (Look Here) to help insert the new stem. I had good luck screwing on the *old* (metal) cap and using a pair of pliers to pull it through. Be gentle with pressure you apply with the pliers. I used a small block of wood under the pliers to give some leverage and protect the rim. Also, put some tire lube or dish detergent on before you try to insert it.

HERE is a recent thread on how often they should be changed. It seems you may as well ask about syn versus dino oil. tongue.gif

There is a tool that you can get (Look Here) to help insert the new stem. I had good luck screwing on the *old* (metal) cap and using a pair of pliers to pull it through. Be gentle with pressure you apply with the pliers. I used a small block of wood under the pliers to give some leverage and protect the rim. Also, put some tire lube or dish detergent on before you try to insert it.

I believe the new 1200RT has a different design,where as the valve screws into the wheel,no more rubber base.

Archived