IGNORED

Do it yourself tire changing

Lawman

Received my Harbor Freight tire changing stuff..Trying to figure it out.. confused.gif

1.Do I have a pedestal cap I do not need?..Looks like it is replaced by the motorcycle tire changer..It is a tube that threads onto the top of the manual tire changer

2. Will I use the pedestal spyder? It is a 4-5 inch "X" shaped piece of steel

3. My manual tire changer diagram shows two "hump pins and rings" I did not receive..However, it does not appear they attach anywhere to the changer. Will I need them?

if yours is like the one i have...

1. yup

2. nope

3. i don't think I have any "hump pins and rings" either.

I would keep all the parts, they could come in handy. For example, I use mine to change trailer tires, and it works fine. thumbsup.gif

YMMV

JC

And my list of favorites continues to grow.. clap.gif

What will I do when it's time to buy a new computer?.. bncry.gif

Thanks Jim...looking forward to getting the DVD.. thumbsup.gif

I want to be your neighbor thumbsup.gif!!!! I'd mow your lawn and wash your cars every week...

Thanks Jim for the detailed tire changing pics and description...Look forward to getting your DVD on the 1200...

Phil.........Redbrick

smkymtntaco
Check out this thread, on how to use the HF unit.

I have done over 60 tires on it so far, and it works great once set up right.

Jim cool.gif

Jim,

I used the link to the thread on BMWMOA, and none of the photos show up on my screen. The written text is all that shows... confused.gifconfused.gif

Jim VonBaden
Check out this thread, on how to use the HF unit.

I have done over 60 tires on it so far, and it works great once set up right.

Jim cool.gif

Jim,

I used the link to the thread on BMWMOA, and none of the photos show up on my screen. The written text is all that shows... confused.gifconfused.gif

I just checked, the links are still good. Might be a filter on your computer is blocking them.

Or, could be that photobucket was temporarily down.

Jim cool.gif

PS Thanks guys, the DVD's are ready for mailing tomorrow.

A common mistake that people new to changing their own tires make is that they bend their brake discs, rendering them useless and in need of replacement. This happens when you apply force to break the beads. You have to make sure that you support the wheel rim with a piece of 2x4 or something so that the wheel isn't resting with the brake disc against the floor.

Archived