IGNORED

Throttle cable adapter

bayne

I need to replace the throttle cables on my '02 1150rt. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that the cable guide coming from the throttle had been changed, and that an adapter was needed to make the available cable work. I used the search function, but didn't have any luck.

If someone knows a part number, and when the change occured, I would appreciate any info they could give.

Thanks.

There is an updated cable deflection repair kit for the right grip. Perhaps that is what you are thinking of - 32722333488. The cable is - 32737660231.

Stan Walker

deflection repair kit for the right grip. Perhaps that is what you are thinking of - 32722333488

I have one on order, but I know nothing about it needing a new / different cable. It was $20 from Chicago BMW. My original cable guide was developing a narrow slot in it from cable wear. I fixed it with a file but decided I wanted a new one avalable.

Stan

Do I need the new deflection kit to make the cable fit, or will the cable fit the old guide?
IAFAIK the new cable will fit the existing guide.
Clive Liddell

I have made a mental note to myself to replace the guide IF ever I replace the cable.

I liken not replacing it to trying to saw with a new saw blade into an old cut - it always jams?

Stan Walker

I liken not replacing it to trying to saw with a new saw blade into an old cut - it always jams?

Like I said earlier, 5 min work with a small file and the problem is solved.

Stan

Archived