IGNORED

Waterproof soft luggage - Ideas?

BucksTherapy

BucksTherapy

I am going on a 5 weeks 15k mile trip this summer and am looking for a large (50L) soft bag that is waterproof and I can lash on the back seat.

I am looking at the BMW Dry duffel bag. Can anyone comment on this bags performance in wet conditions and the attaching mechanisms?

Cheers

ShovelStrokeEd

It is a great bag. Nothing inside it will get wet. It comes with 4 large D-rings which provide many options for attachment. I just cross a pair of Helen 2 Wheels straps over top of mine, routing the straps through the D-rings. It has seen in excess of 150 mph and never moved.

Do pay attention to lubrication at the zipper/closure thingy. A little petroleum jelly makes opening a closing really easy.

I just purchased this duffle bag from Cabela's. The large fits nicely and is about as big as you'd want behind you. I haven't ridden with it in the rain, but it came with a good recomendation from another poster. The price was right as well, $70.00.

szurszewski

+1 for the Sealine - the zipper isn't technically as water "proof" as a roll closure, but it's much much easier to use (and mine hasn't leaked yet).

thumbsup.gif +1 for Cabella's. Half the price of the BMW unit, and available in 4 sizes. I bought the large, which in retrospect is a little **too** large. 30" wide, meaning it covers the latches on the system cases. I'm using it to hold everything for 2 people on a month long tour. We packed everything in there, and have plenty of space left over. The "regular" size would have been fine.

I left it overnight, fully packed, in the bath tub. Not a drop inside the next morning.

-MKL

Archived