IGNORED

Dealer Open Houses are detrimental to my karma.....

Heck

Well, my favorite dealer had an open house today. Great time was had by all that attended, and I made the misteak (!) of test riding some new machines. I should know better. I did resist the sales department today, but now the old rusty cogs are spinning just a little faster. Think I can see why Kaisr is looking at (or already has one) the GS...I finally rode one of them today and realized that my sorry inseam challenged ar$e can actually hold one up at a stop. This is not a good thing for my wallet.

The first test ride was on a R1200R.. Nice Bike. Stupid Fast. Luckily for my decision process, I cannot sit with my knees up over my ears for long periods.

The 2nd was the GS...... Hmmmm.

Think I should have stayed home today.....

lurker.gif

I like my RT

I like my RT

I like my RT .....

and it's paid for..... clap.gif

chevyfleetside

Yeah ... I walked into the dealer last Friday, March 30th just to look and came home with this.. I Must say I do love it... (Before this I had a 99 R1100S).. Came with the Adventurer bags.. I won't tell you how much I got it for.. Lets just say it was the end of the month and they needed to show some sales... thumbsup.gif

000_0640.jpg000_0639.jpg

I was their also. Wow the new RT's look real nice. I have a 2004RT and want to sell/trade it in on a 07. The dealers are offering Blue Book of around $8100 but I just cant let it go for that much. Any ideas about E-bay, Craig's list or maybe the classified here?

Crawdad,

I sold my 96 RT on the IBMWR classifieds and made a great riding friend out of it. I was a very positive experience.

I used the cycle trader internet pages to sell my last H-D and that worked out good too. I think the big thing that has helped me is both bikes were in perfect condition with no defects and I asked a realistic price. Neither sale required any haggling over price. I hate haggling. With all of this I still got more than a dealer trade in which is pretty easy.

Good Luck

Lets_Play_Two
I was their also. Wow the new RT's look real nice. I have a 2004RT and want to sell/trade it in on a 07. The dealers are offering Blue Book of around $8100 but I just cant let it go for that much. Any ideas about E-bay, Craig's list or maybe the classified here?

I sold an 03 RT on ebay for $11,700 in 24 hours...worked for me

I was their also. Wow the new RT's look real nice. I have a 2004RT and want to sell/trade it in on a 07.

Yeah....Good thing I stuck to my guns and didn't test ride a new RT....

Had more than one person tell me that if I didn't want to buy one, stay off of it....So far, so good. Can't imagine having to go thru the farkling process again.

Unless I win the lottery........ lmao.gif

Hi,

The 04 with the twinspark engine is considered the best of the 1150 series,you should have no problem getting a few thousand above what the dealer has offered.

Try Craigslist(it's free),list it here and the www.ibmwr.org classifieds.

Cycletrader is another good low cost option.

If you sell as a private party there are a few good selling tips on all these sources,including scams to watch out for.

Archived