IGNORED

V1 Audio pinout?

Shaman97

Does anyone know the pinout for the audio portion of the V1? I have an AmpliRider that could perform the amplification, and the rear of the V1's Remote Audio adaptor uses a 4 pin RJ-11 connector. Anyone done this?

Thanks,

Bob

No, but I'm about to; ordered an "AmpliRider" unit just yesterday for use with both a Garmin Zumo 550 and a Valentine One Radar Detector.

When I mentioned this to Gary at at AmpliRider he was very familiar with the issue. In an e-mail to me he said:

"I should mention though, the Valentine radar detector needs to pass through an isolation transformer in order to make them compatible with the AmpliRider. This is because its audio output was designed differently than devices like an MP3 player or am/fm radio. I noticed that other companies who build amps for motorcycle riders have faced this problem too. I offer these isolation transformers built into a cable for a parts only cost of $10."

If his product is as good as his service I'll be a happy camper. smile.gif

Let me know how it works out.

Jerry Johnston

Bob, I did this years back but wrote down what I found on one of the installation sheets. I used a meter on the audio adapter and found the two jack are reversed so recommend you use a meter also. The inside two pins are voltage and the outside pins are the audio. I ran a mini-phone jack to my dash so I could plug my headset into the dash (my V1 is in the side box).

Jerry Johnston

I get a little bit of an alternator noise. Without the ear plugs I can hear it but since I wear earplugs it never bothers me, and I can hear the V1 just fine.

Archived