IGNORED

Radio or CD Player and Howto Install 2003 R1150RT

KBoxerBoy

Hi All, me again.

I got a question again, and it's about getting a Radio or CD Player installed in my R1150RT. I don't know if I have speakers in there and it's ready to go or not?

Can I just go to Circuit City and pick up any radio? and install it?

Thanks

has your bike got the radio prep kit? if it does like mine I just popped in a Sony car Stereo, all the wiring is done for you and the only item I needed was a harness adaptor to convert the BMW plug to match the sony head unit, by the way the BMW Z3 harness adaptor matches perfectly and is much easier to source.

How would I know that I got the prep kit already in it? I know reading from some forums that upto 2003 BMW was giving the prep kit, and mine is 2003 BMW R1150RT. Thanks

Does it have an antennae?
Mine doesn't have any antenna.. So does that mean it doesn't have any wiring harness? confused.gif

Here is an exploded view of the radio kit, I'm not sure if part no. 4 was part of the pre install kit, you may have to remove the fairing to determine if the wiring harness is there, good luck.

840224-135.png.88c1282a16f9d9e5f2d016ade33119d2.png

Here is an exploded view of the radio kit, I'm not sure if part no. 4 was part of the pre install kit, you may have to remove the fairing to determine if the wiring harness is there, good luck.
Thanks Man, I like the picture, but don't wanna touch my bike ;)

Archived