IGNORED

Metzler Z6 vs Pilot Roads

GordonB

Been riding on Z6's last three sets, thinking of Pilot Roads for my next set just to try something different (I have no issues with the Z6), any input? lurker.gif

I switched to the Pilot Roads two years ago. I get about 8k out of the PRs. I got 5-6k out of the Z6s. I think the Z6 turns in a bit quicker, and sticks a bit better in the rain. I sure like the extra 2500-3000 miles per set. For me it means one less set per year.

I have run two sets of Z6's and one set of Pilot Roads on my RT. I got about 10,000 miles out of the Pilot Roads and only about 6500 from the Z6's but i like the ride on the Z6's much better. I am going to try the Avon Storms everyone is talking about next.

My bike came with Pilot Roads. They were only half worn when I changed to Z6's for a ride to Alaska. The Z-6's made the ride of 8600 mile. I remounted the Pilots after returning (the Z6's were done). I could not believe how much better the Z6 handled and the road noise from the pilots. I finally finished the Pilots and put on a fresh set of Z6's. I am very happy with the handling again.

My experience;

Pilot Roads: Noisy, OK grip, good mileage -9000+

Z6 "C": Superior turn in & grip, quiet, OK mileage -8000+

Aluminum_Butt

My experience;

Pilot Roads: Noisy, OK grip, good mileage -9000+

Z6 "C": Superior turn in & grip, quiet, OK mileage -8000+

I've had pretty much the exact same experience. The PR's came stock. They developed some serious road whine within about 2K. I replaced them at about 8k, with Z6's. The Z6's were noticeably quieter, and I thought the ride was better - hard to explain exactly what I mean by that though. I've run Z6's ever since. I might try something else in the future, but I doubt I'll ever go back to PR's.

Archived