IGNORED

Washing my Bike

KBoxerBoy

I just wanted to ask you guys on washing/cleaning my bike. Is there any thing I should be careful of? or Just take the hose and go all over the bike? smile.gif

Thanks in advance

Firefight911

No pressure washers. S100 is an excellent product. Clean soft towels.

NO ARMORALL OR OTHER PRODUCTS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda Spray Cleaner is excellent for day to day cleaning. Plexus is wonderful stuff as well.

Enjoy!!!!!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

I thought of not using pressure wash. What is this Honda Product, and do I get it from Honda Motor Sports.

Thanks

Firefight911

Yes, you get it from Honda. It is a spray cleaner/polish. Spray on/wipe off.

It is excellent for your helmet and visor!

NO ARMORALL OR OTHER PRODUCTS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honda Spray Cleaner is excellent for day to day cleaning. Plexus is wonderful stuff as well.

Enjoy!!!!!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

What do you mean by $100 excellent product? Does this Honda thing cost $100 ?

russell_bynum

Enjoy!!!!!

What do you mean by $100 excellent product? Does this Honda thing cost $100 ?

http://www.s100.com/

Stan Walker

Why do you say that? I use similar products on the plastic stuff all the time. After 11 years, and no problems, I find your statement a bit hard.

Stan

Mein Gott!

KBoxerBoy....Save yourself and your bike! Ignore this man eek.gifeek.gif!!

He is a former (and forcibly ejected!!) member of the ABC (Anal Bikers Club) due to his failure to adequately wash, wax and generally love and cherish his bike. He was ridden out of Texas on a rail for failure to meet our minimum standards of motorcycle care and protection (which isn't THAT much) lmao.giflmao.gif

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

OK...in a nutshell. Lots of quality CAR soap (don't use household stuff!) and lots of rinse water, real bristle brushes for the wheels, terry cotton mitts and towels for the tupperware and NEVER use fabric softener on your towels!

Use Meguiars finest washes, waxes, potions, lotions and salves for the paintwork. And all this will be lavished on with total disregard for monetary expenditure, time and effort. At the end of all this, your fingers should glide across the paint, which after all the wax, should feel like the surface of a maidens dewy breast ooo.gif. The paint should reflect in total clarity your inate good looks and taste and with nary a hint of a blemish. Oh! And you should also be able to spit on the paint (God Forbid!!) and it just richocet right off.... grin.gifgrin.gif

Oh...and NEVER use ArmorAll..YUK!!

I recommend Space Age Protectant on all exposed plastics EXCEPTING, OF COURSE, YOUR SEATS AND TIRES!!! Plexus is good for your screen and your helmet visor thumbsup.gif

Firefight911

Why do you say that? I use similar products on the plastic stuff all the time. After 11 years, and no problems, I find your statement a bit hard.

Stan

Let me be more specific. No Armorall type stuff anywhere near any surface that comes within 12 inches of the road/tire interface.

Yes, Armorall is fine, just keep it away from the tires!!!!

I just love looking through Craigslist at all the "people" who put that on their bikes when they sell them.

Firefight911
Mein Gott!

KBoxerBoy....Save yourself and your bike! Ignore this man eek.gifeek.gif!!

He is a former (and forcibly ejected!!) member of the ABC (Anal Bikers Club) due to his failure to adequately wash, wax and generally love and cherish his bike. He was ridden out of Texas on a rail for failure to meet our minimum standards of motorcycle care and protection (which isn't THAT much) lmao.giflmao.gif

Boo Hoo!!!!!! eek.gifeek.gifeek.gifeek.gif I tried, I tried!!!!! But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you just couldn't tell it to stop raining for more than a few hours at a time, could you!?

OK...in a nutshell. Lots of quality CAR soap (don't use household stuff!) and lots of rinse water, real bristle brushes for the wheels, terry cotton mitts and towels for the tupperware and NEVER use fabric softener on your towels!

Use Meguiars finest washes, waxes, potions, lotions and salves for the paintwork. And all this will be lavished on with total disregard for monetary expenditure, time and effort. At the end of all this, your fingers should glide across the paint, which after all the wax, should feel like the surface of a maidens dewy breast ooo.gif. The paint should reflect in total clarity your inate good looks and taste and with nary a hint of a blemish. Oh! And you should also be able to spit on the paint (God Forbid!!) and it just richocet right off.... grin.gifgrin.gif

Oh...and NEVER use ArmorAll..YUK!!

I recommend Space Age Protectant on all exposed plastics EXCEPTING, OF COURSE, YOUR SEATS AND TIRES!!! Plexus is good for your screen and your helmet visor thumbsup.gif

I think I love this man!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Quote:

"feel like the surface of a maidens dewy breast ."

Quote:

Wow....My mind really drifted into la la land with that statement!!! smirk.gif.....Great descriptive phrase Phil......

russell_bynum
What is this "washing" you speak of?

smile.gif

I think that's when you ride your bike in a rainstorm.

Russell post to a washing your bike thread.

Sun Tzu warned "If you know yourself but not your enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat."

smile.gif

This sounds like GS owner speak.

smile.gif

Does a snowstorm count as well??? lmao.gif

What do you folks recommend to get the black off the wheel rims (not so much brake dust as some black stains that appear from time to time and seem to lurk beneath the surface of the rims)?

ShovelStrokeEd

Call it a custom dapple paint.

Try isopropyl alcohol, rubbing alcohol to you heathen.

Or, just do what I do and learn to love dirt. Nothing better than pulling into a hotel 800 miles from home, bug spattered, mud encrusted from that 100 miles of rain storm, brakes steaming, and mung built up on the pipes and then getting off and checking to find the bike in the same condition, deciding it's good to go for tomorrow and retiring to your room.

What do you folks recommend to get the black off the wheel rims (not so much brake dust as some black stains that appear from time to time and seem to lurk beneath the surface of the rims)?

JHP, I have had good luck using WD-40 on those brake dust stains.. Don't let that brake dust stay on the wheel paint too long as some of the content of that brake dust can & will stain the paint permanently if allowed to stay put for extended periods..

If you feel better just using a safe soap try some S-100 (available at most Harley shops).. That stuff works real good but is rather hard on the hands.. Make sure to get the S-100 cleaner & not the protector..

A good tapered SOFT bristle brush at each washing will work good to keep them clean..

Twisty

A good tapered SOFT bristle brush at each washing will work good to keep them clean..

WD40 is good for removal of most road gunk but don't forget to put a couple of coats of good wax on the rims. Makes for an easy clean-up thumbsup.gif
russell_bynum
Russell post to a washing your bike thread.

Sun Tzu warned "If you know yourself but not your enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat."

thumbsup.gif

Archived