IGNORED

World's quickest ELECTRIC motorycycle

Joe Frickin' Friday

I thought they only raced belt-sanders? tongue.gif

Talk about endless sponser potential too...a tool man's dream machine! Ur Ur Ur..Grunt Grunt Grunt~

Joe Frickin' Friday
I love the part about it only taking 10 cents worth of electricity per run. lmao.gif

Shawn

*zoom zoom*

Beats a couple hundred bucks' worth of nitromethane, doesn't it! crazy.gif

Lone_RT_rider
I love the part about it only taking 10 cents worth of electricity per run. lmao.gif

Shawn

*zoom zoom*

Beats a couple hundred bucks' worth of nitromethane, doesn't it! crazy.gif

I can hear the conversation now..... "Dear, did you come across any change in the washer? I am headed to the track tomorrow... "

lmao.gifdopeslap.gif

Bill_Walker

That's really, really cool. Especially the 5-minute recharge, which might finally make electric vehicles practical. But I'm with Tasker: a virtually silent drag racer somehow is missing a bunch of the excitement.

there's gonna be alot more of that in the future.

electric is insant & STRONG power!

kinda funny how people are almost laughing at his burn in & then saying holy sh*t at his time.

french electric train just hit a land speed record 357mph

check out this video. the speed is unreal:

http://www.record2007.com/site/index_en.php

Tell that to the guys who are racing against the Audi TDI in the ALMS series. A V 10 diesel that is virtually silent that is kicking the butt of everything it races against. I love it.

ShovelStrokeEd

That thing is really nice and they have come a long way from the mid 9's they started out running.

A little perspective might be in order though. It only takes about 220 HP from a gasoline engine to run the same times/trap speeds they are running. A 350 HP bike should be in the low 7's at well over 180.

The incrementals are interesting though and illustrate some of the interesting characteristics of electric motors. The 1.17 60 foot time is about par for a good 7.80 pass. Shows up that maximum torque at locked rotor thing that electric motors produce just before they smoke themselves.

These guys have learned a bunch of stuff the hard way. They broke a lot of parts and released a bunch of smoke from stuff that is supposed to keep it inside learning to go as well as they have. I, for one, give them 2 thumbs up.

BTW, if you have never experienced it, low 8's are a trip to ride and sub 1.2 second 60 foot times will really get your attention. Again, a little perspective, a really fast street bike, such as a GSXR 1000 or a Busa will 60 foot in the 1.7 second range with a good rider aboard.

My question is????? Is that all it does is go FAST???? How about just dsome normal highway speeds?? And a long electric cord?? I went on a ride today and it cost me 35 bones for fuel! I want an electric beemer!!

• 3 months later...
beemerman2k

Sorry for starting a new thread on this topic. I did a search on both "Electric motorcycles" and "Killacycle" and got no hits, so I assumed the topic hadn't been raised.

Doh dopeslap.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
Sorry for starting a new thread on this topic. I did a search on both "Electric motorcycles" and "Killacycle" and got no hits, so I assumed the topic hadn't been raised.

Doh dopeslap.gif

's OK. I knew beforehand that my old post existed, so I persevered, and finally hit it while searching for "electric" and "drag." crazy.gif

This is a crazy bike. I didnt even know this was possible. 350hp?!! Where is the BMW electric motorcycle at?

I really doubt there anything close to 350 REAL horsepower there. Nor is 350 HP needed to accelerate this fast using an electric motor. The big advantage of an electric motor is that they develop HUGE torque at low RPM ...right where an internal combustion motor doesn't.

It is torque that results in acceleration, not really HP, and an electric motor is well suited to this. On a HP/pound basis, electric motors are generally way behind internal combustion motors.

I suspect their claim of 350HP is really that it has the torque of a 350HP "normal" motor.

Archived