IGNORED

My First Gear pants saga......

USAF1

About 18 months back I bought a pair of the First Gear pants from the BMW dealer in Fife, WA. A few times over the next few months I felt what I thought was wetness in the crotch of the pants (it rains a LOT here in the Seattle area). I didn't think a lot of it then, as I ride every day, and didn't have the time to go back down to the dealership, though I did mention it to one of their sales folks that following spring. Then on Nov 30th of 05 I was involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident in which I was struck from behind by an unlicensed/uninsured motorist while stopped on my street waiting to make a turn. The bike was totalled and the pants were beaten up pretty good. I ended up with several holes in the rear end (of the pants you guys!!), and some other abrasions on the right leg........ Because of that accident, I just figured that, oh well, so much for trying to get them covered under warranty.....and sort of let it slide until I attended the Vendor fair at SouthSound BMW just a few weeks ago. I found some folks from First Gear there (sorry, I didn't get any names) and after explaining my story, one of the guys went with me out to my bike (pants were bungee corded on the back seat), took down my name, address and other pertinent info, and took the pants and said he'd see what he could do. About 2 and a half weeks later, my wife finds an "Express Overnight" package at the front door. When I got home, of course I had no idea what I'd ordered that would arrive so quickly.....until I saw the return address......then I knew it was going to be my repaired pants. So, I set it aside to be taken out to the garage later, and laid out for my morning departure. And of course, after dinner, I took the box and headed to the garage where I opened it, and said to myself "Wow....the put it in a sealed bag to ship it back.....cool!" Then I saw the FG tag hanging from the waist......hmmmmmm? "why would they put a new tag on it?" (My wife says I am extremely slow sometimes.......ok, ok, ok.)

So, I'm guessing that the pants were in too bad of shape to repair....thus the new pants? Wow....I am impressed!!

Now, that's "OUTSTANDING" customer relations!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Pat

I broke the zippers on my mesh pants after a year of use. They sent back NEW PANTS instead of replacing the zippers. I too was impressed!

-MKL

That is good service, but what was the wetness?

Maybe the moisture's coming from the inside? lmao.gif

Crazy_Canuck
That is good service, but what was the wetness?

Maybe the moisture's coming from the inside? lmao.gif

Depends....... lmao.gif

You funny guys! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

I have previously sent FirstGear apparall back for zipper repair (leather overpants) and when they were returned repaired, one couldn't tell as they had used the same needle holes! No charge for the repair, and they even paid the return shipping.

It is nice to hear when a company can get it right.

I have the FG kili 4 and HT 2.0 pants thumbsup.gif

I have the same setup. I hope I never need to return them under the same conditions as USAF1.

Oh why did I have to read this earlier this week??? I got home last night and the lower slider on one of my leg zippers had "checked out". Pants have a mfg date of 05/05, so I guess I got pretty good service out of them. Guess I'll just go to a local dry cleaners to see if they can install a new zip.

Or does anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

Zipper tang on my First Gear Killimanjaro jacket broke off a couple of years ago. Took it to the local dealer asking the manager where I might get it repaired or if could get anew zipper from First Gear. She took the jacket, called First Gear, aent it back and in a few weeks I had a NEW jacket. Yes, they got it right and apparently still do.

Foxy

Archived