IGNORED

BMW ON 2006 Mileage Contest

dbarc38

Greetings,

The results for the 2006 BMW Mileage contest is in the current BMW ON magazine. I wanted to pass along that one of the BMWST riders faired pretty well.

Connie Schluter finished 17th in the Nation for Women with 17,682 miles, 7th overall in Texas, and 2nd in Texas for Women. This contest runs 6 months from April to October.

Way to go Connie!!

clap.gif

AdventurePoser
Congrats to Connie thumbsup.gif

That is a nice average for sure. I'd like to ride half of that this year grin.gif

I hate that w#rk gets in the way of one of my true passions...

Steve in So Cal

Congrats Connie! clap.gif

Has the RT turned 100K yet? If you trade for a new RT anytime soon, you'll love the cruise control.

Congrats. clap.gifclap.gif

I was number seven also. cool.gif

For men in Florida.

And, #3 overall for those who just rode a GT. grin.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

For men in Florida.

Not quite a hijack...

How many miles did you have?

Ahhhmen Brotha!

thumbsup.gif

Firefight911

For men in Florida.

Not quite a hijack...

Yea, sure. That's like being only a little pregnant. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

bakerzdosen

For men in Florida.

Not quite a hijack...

Yea, sure. That's like being only a little pregnant. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif

Hypocrite. Oh, and congrats on being a little pregnant. Not sure why you chose this thread to announce it, but hey...

(As a side note, I'd like to know the numbers too.)

(2nd side note: yes, that's part of the irony... the hypocrite calling the hypocrite a hypocrite... aw nevermind. dopeslap.gif )

Paul Mihalka

Congrats to Connie and Tim. Lots of s-miles are good. I had a pretty good year too. Neither the bike or I did break down thumbsup.gif

And congrats to Jim (BMWGreenRT) #4 on the BMWMOA national highest mileage contest, mens division, for 2006. And #1 in the fair state of NC! clap.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Richard,

Only had 15,517 for the contest.

But that's our off season. grin.gif

I put more miles on in the October to April period by far.

I know there are LOTS of folks with more mileage totals for the contest time period, BUT, they didnanotadoda paper work to enter.

My 30-35K year is low compared to many.

And, more than some.

But, I don't do it for comparison. I enter to encourage others to ride. For example, in Florida, about 12 of the top 25 are friends and people who frequent our dealership.

I never used to enter this contest and would say, "Oh I rode more miles than so and so". People at the shop would then say, "why didn't you enter?"

So, four or five years ago I began doing so.

I know I'll never "win" the contest, nor is it likely I'll ever care if I do.

It reminds me of the many days that Beth and I spend together on the GT.

It is fun to see my name in print alongside so many people I know. It is a way to reaffirm our common bond (or at least one of them) when we don't get a chance to personally ride many miles together.

If I have ridden with them, it brings back a flood of memories, "oh there's Vic's total, I rode XXXX miles with him going to the Rally, or El Paseo, or Nova Scotia, or where ever."

For some reason I do enjoy that aspect of the contest very much.

I like to peruse the lists and try to find someone who rode the exact number of miles I did and think about who they are, where they ride, etc...

I look for bike models and see what type is popular in what area, who's piling on miles on an airhead, who is riding a bike like mine.

I know, get a life, tongue.gifgrin.gif, but numbers relating to people and places have always fascinated me.

I look at Wisconsin, where they lock people up in a prison called winter, and see all the folks who bust out and ride when the opportunity presents itself.

I contemplate what the results would be if the contest ran from October to April smirk.gif.

I look at the folks who enter with low miles. I look for the lowest total entered (and there are some) and wonder what's the story behind a 125 mile entry.

I look for people with the same last names and see that some people/couples spend time together on the road, and wonder about the differences in their total miles.

I look for board member, not always recognizing their real John Hancock.

And, in the end, look forward to the next time.

I'd encourage everyone to enter.

Not to be #1, not to brag, but for the opportunity to reflect on my life and the lives of other BMW riders.

Not for competition, but as a way to share the journey.

Beats the heck out of another oil thread. thumbsup.gif

See you down the road. wave.gif

Congrats to Connie and Tim. Lots of s-miles are good. I had a pretty good year too. Neither the bike or I did break down thumbsup.gif

Congratulations Paul. 31,572 miles in six months is a lot of riding.

Lets_Play_Two

Congratulations Paul. 31,572 miles in six months is a lot of riding.

My girlfriend, who has only had her F650 for a month and has over 2000 miles on it, was looking at the mileage contest and trying to figure out how much riding she would have to do to top 80,000 in 6 months!!!! Geezzzz. She figured that is only the equivalent of West Palm Beach to LA each week....no problem. Now she wants an RT!!! dopeslap.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

Tim,

Awesome description, and I really understand your reason for "playing" instead of an appendage measuring contest.

Pretty nice way to look at it!

beemer_me_up

Congrats to all BMW ST riders who particated in the MOA mileage contest. My numbers were below average this year frown.gif Did you see what the overall winner did for mileage. 80,000 miles is 6 months on a RT. This says a lot about the bike a lot of use chose to ride. smile.gif

Steve in So Cal

I can't even imagine the miles you would/will do if/when you retire(d), which is pretty remarkable since I do math for a living.

grin.gif

This says a lot about the bike a lot of use chose to ride. smile.gif

I think it says more about the woman. Ardys is amazing. Consider the stamina it takes to ride 80k miles in 6 months. And she's 76 or something like that.

She wrote that she followed Heidi Still, another LD phenom female, on a SS1K at the TOR Rally in CO. She said that was probably the slowest SS she has ever done! Wowie Zowie!

Truly amazing she is.

• 2 weeks later...
And congrats to Jim (BMWGreenRT) #4 on the BMWMOA national highest mileage contest, mens division, for 2006. And #1 in the fair state of NC! clap.gif

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Thanks Chris, just came across this post grin.gif

PS:,

They even mentioned Maggie in the beginning of the article. It made her happy clap.gif

After all, she does put in a lot of miles on the pillion of my bike grin.gif

While we're at it, I would like to congratulate my wife Jackie for placing 18th overall Women national and 1st for Oregon (female), 1st for Oregon on an RT, and for being my number 1 too! clap.gif

Leon

Archived