IGNORED

BMW R1200 Maintenance DVD now for sale!

Jim VonBaden

On May 7th (6 weeks ago) Jim said: The Companion DVD will cover the differences between the 1100/1150 and the 1200, as well as some good instructions for adding a Centech fuse box, Motolights, Jesse bags, and a host of smaller items.

It should be available in about 6 weeks.

Jim,

Update on Companion DVD ETA? Is it too early to pre-order the combo? clap.gif

Jim VonBaden
On May 7th (6 weeks ago) Jim said: The Companion DVD will cover the differences between the 1100/1150 and the 1200, as well as some good instructions for adding a Centech fuse box, Motolights, Jesse bags, and a host of smaller items.

It should be available in about 6 weeks.

Jim,

Update on Companion DVD ETA? Is it too early to pre-order the combo? clap.gif

The "Companion DVD" should be ready by mid July. I hope to have them available at the Adventurer's Workshop booth at the MOA!

I would prefer not to take orders for it yet, because it gets a little confusing with the 800 originals sold so far.

Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Jim cool.gif

PS All current orders up to yesterday have been shipped. If your order is more than 3 weeks from Paypal, or 4 weeks from check payment, please e-mail and let me know. JimVonBaden at MSN.com.

Jim VonBaden

Greetings:

I feel it is necessary to inform you of a mistake on the DVD.

The mistake on the DVD is in the valve adjusting procedure section on the torque value of the three rocker arm support bolts, T45 head. See the attached picture. This is ONLY applicable IF you adjust the rocker arm end play. Not for simple valve adjustments. The torque value listed was 40nm, and the real torque value is 20nm.

headboltsmarked.jpg

I had originally verified the torque value with both the factory manual on DVD, as well as online with a reputable source. Either they are both mislabeled, or they are not clear. Nonetheless, the correct value is 20nm, not 40nm. The head bolt, 15mm, torque value is correct as stated.

I want to thank you all for purchasing the DVD I created. Your support has encouraged me to continue to make instructional DVD’s.

The next one will be a “Companion DVD” that will be available in Mid-July. It will include all the needed information relevant to the R1100/1150 BMW motorcycles. It will include Non-Servo brake flushing, final drive fluid change, alternator belt change, fuel filter change (applicable to all 1100/1150 bikes, but based on the 1150GS including tank removal), and spoke checks.

It will also contain some other items like the installation of Jesse bags on a GS, Piaa lights, and a few others.

Finally it will have a daily and weekly preride walk around checks.

Thanks for your patronage, and I hope the mislabeled torque value has caused no harm.

Please let me know if you find any other mistakes, as I want to ensure the highest possible accuracy.

Jim Bade AKA Jim Von Baden

Jim,

Got the video yesterday and I must say, at my first run through of the disk, it will be an invaluable tool in keeping the bike running great! Thanks for putting this together and doing such an awesome job!

Chris

Jim, Hello my name is Tom Casey and I plan to buy your DVD BUT I have a question I hope you will answer. I have a friend who is changing out a brake hose tomorrow on his 06 GS. He has asked me for my vac pump style bleeder pump. Can you use this method (like I use to do on my 2000 R11RT)to bleed a 06 GS?

Thanks so much in advance

Tom Casey

R12RT (06)

R75/6 (75)

Jim VonBaden
Jim, when you say non-sevro brake flushing will that included the O7 RT?

Thanks

Not specific to the 07 RT, but to the pre-servo brake systems. I have not yet done a post-servo ABS brake bleed, they are not due for 2 years so it is hard to get anyone to let me. I am reasonably confident they will be bled like conventional brake systems at the calipers.

Jim cool.gif

Jim VonBaden
Did I read you were going to be at the MOA rally in July selling these?

I will be, at teh Adventurer's Workshop Booth.

Hopefully I will also have the "Companion DVD" with us.

Jim cool.gif

Jim VonBaden
Jim, Hello my name is Tom Casey and I plan to buy your DVD BUT I have a question I hope you will answer. I have a friend who is changing out a brake hose tomorrow on his 06 GS. He has asked me for my vac pump style bleeder pump. Can you use this method (like I use to do on my 2000 R11RT)to bleed a 06 GS?

Thanks so much in advance

Tom Casey

R12RT (06)

R75/6 (75)

I would avoid using the vacuum bleeder on an ABS equipped bike, particularly the serv-ABS bikes. It can possibly destroy the valving in the ABS unit. If it is a servo-ABS bike you will need to bleed the line from the ABS unit under the tank. There is an excellent photo tutorial on this site, see the FAQ, on how to do it. My DVD also shows how.

If it is a non-servo bike ABS, conventional bleeding, including use of the vacuum pump should be fine.

Thanks, and thanks to all who have purchassed my DVD. I hope it has been helpful!

Jim cool.gif

Thanks so MUCH... I'll see you at Adventure Workshop booth. Save me a copy PLEASE.... Will you still sell me one if I have Lou Church with me.

Tom Casey

Jim VonBaden
Thanks so MUCH... I'll see you at Adventure Workshop booth. Save me a copy PLEASE.... Will you still sell me one if I have Lou Church with me.

Tom Casey

This Lou Church?

ride-to-work2.jpg

Hmmmm, have to think about that one! grin.gif

Jim cool.gif

I LOVE it.. Thanks for the pic.. He didn't mention HE got THAT wet going up there. Also I'm the one who got him started in riding almost 40 yrs ago

Jim VonBaden
I LOVE it.. Thanks for the pic.. He didn't mention HE got THAT wet going up there. Also I'm the one who got him started in riding almost 40 yrs ago

Yes, but he showed up on a very cool bike(R1200R in black), and in a bit of rain:

rain.jpg

Jim cool.gif

PS Nice to finally meet Lou!

• 4 weeks later...

Mornin Jim,

What an undertaking! Good for you (and us). Two quick questions: does dvd cover '05 and newer R1200 RT? Does it work on a Mac?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Jim

my disc arrived yesterday and I spent the morning browsing. Fantastic job. Pity you used a bike from the dark side wink.gif

Not that I"m trying to speak for Jim.. but it does work on a Mac. It's a video DVD... (I'm running it on a Mac.)

It works on Linux too for those interested. Got it, tried it, loved it.

Jim VonBaden

R1100/1150 Companion Maintenance Video Available NOW!!

Greetings!

I would like to introduce the BMW R1100/1150 Companion Video DVD.

In this DVD we will cover many of the items not covered by the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video, and including the following items specific to the R1100/1150 series non-servo motorcycles:

Tank-off.jpg

*Removing the Gas Tank.

Fuel-plate-with-filter-2.jpg

*Changing the Fuel Filter,

*Air filter change,

*Gas Tank Installation,

Valves.jpg

*Valve Adjustment procedures (Differentiation from the R1200),

*Throttle Body Sync,

Brake-Bleed-tools.jpg

*Brake Bleeding procedures (Non-servo),

Alternator-Belt.jpg

*Alternator Belt Replacement,

FD-Fill.jpg

*Final Drive drain and refill,

Spokes.jpg

*Spoke Checking procedures.

This DVD is exclusively for the R1100/1150 bikes, which includes the GS/RS/RT and R1100/1150R bikes. Although the fuel tank removal and installation vary by model, the basics are the same.

This is NOT an all inclusive DVD like the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video , but covers the differences.

If you have an 1150 with servo-ABS, and desire to complete the brake flush procedure, you will need the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video .

Unfortunately my ideas for including other items did not fit with the content and length of the DVD, so they are not included. This DVD is already 1 hour 20 minutes long, and would not adequately accommodate any reasonable amount of additional film. I apologize if this causes any concerns.

Also, if you have reasonable skills, and can accomplish the transmission fluid change, and engine oil change, this DVD will give you the rest of what you need with the exception of step-by-step valve cover removal and installation, though the basics ARE covered.

Thanks to all of you who ordered the BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video for making this next DVD possible.

This will not be the last DVD either. Already in the planning and filming stages is a DVD exclusively devoted to accessory installation.

If you would like to order the R1100/1150 Companion DVD please see one of the following vendors who have it in stock for immediate delivery:

Cyclenutz,

Best Rest,

Marc Parnes Products,

Adventurer’s Workshop.

The BMW R1200 36K Maintenance Video is also available from the above vendors.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to e-mail me at JimVonBaden @ MSN.com

Thanks,

Jim cool.gif AKA Jim Von Baden

Or, you can certainly wait for the set, which should be around $40 total.

Jim cool.gif

Jim,

Any idea when the companion disc will be ready? I'm interested...

thanks.

Jim VonBaden
Hi Jim, I sent PayPal payment to you last week (from echo7tango@gmail.com) and am looking forward to learning from your DVD and learning about working on my bike. It's for my '05 R12RT. I couldn't note that @ PayPal.

Thanks!

Thanks E7T! grin.gif

It's in the mail!

Jim cool.gif

Archived