IGNORED

Twinmax Help

just954rr

I just got my new twinmax and am looking for some specific help on the Boxer motor TB'S..do i attach the hoses to the underside..?..where the BMW black tubes are?..and where to i make my adj's..?..the brass slotted screws?...any help is appreciated..thanks

I just got my new twinmax and am looking for some specific help on the Boxer motor TB'S..do i attach the hoses to the underside..?..where the BMW black tubes are?..and where to i make my adj's..?..the brass slotted screws?...any help is appreciated..thanks

Yes on #1

Yes on #2

Look here for all the info you will need http://advwisdom.hogranch.com/Wisdom/TBS4Dv1.0.pdf

I need some help..if there's anyone in the CT. area that has experience synchronizing TB'S with the twinmax .. i would compenaste you.. i have the tools..garage...or i can truck it to where ever..thanks..

Make sure you remove BOTH brass airscrews before syncing. The RH one generally needs a good cleaning. (On my old R1100S)Use the LH throttle body as referance....its not hard. Follow the instuctions...on the link above.

Tomas wave.gif

Tomas

I need some help..if there's anyone in the CT. area that has experience synchronizing TB'S with the twinmax .. i would compenaste you.. i have the tools..garage...or i can truck it to where ever..thanks..

Sent a PM last night right about the time this site's server or mine went somewhere else. crazy.gif

Anyway...just sent another PM in case last night's is cyberspaced

I am sure Bruce is offering to help you do your TBS. Another thing you might consider is attending a Tech Day. Lucky you, Samsar is hosting one at the end of the month in Granby CT. Here is the link Tech Day thumbsup.gif

I'd like to make one clarification. The large slotted brass screws are use to set and balance the idle. After you've cleaned them, seat them softly and then back them both out about one and a quarter revs out. Then balance them with the bike warmed up either by adding to one side or subtracting on the other depending if you need a higher or lower idle.

And to add to Franks comment...have someone trist and hold the throttle to about 2500 RPM and ensure the needle is smack in the middle on the twin max. If it is not you will need to adjust the height on one of the cable adjusters located on the throttle bodies (I lift the cable up slightly to verify which side balances out the buttlerfly). Then go back and readjust the air screw if required.

Tomas

Thanks everyone.. i think bruce is going to give me a hand..

Hi Jim,

Give me a call if Bruce isn't able to drop by. I can make a run up your way too.

Hope you and Fadime can make it to the Tech Day and BBQ!

See ya,

Paul

George Brown

Ditto to everything said above. Take your time and I'm sure you will be rewarded. I did mine a couple of years ago and completely eliminated surging. At least to the point that it is negilible and low speed operation has been most pleasurable. And, I'm probably 15K past due for a valve adjustment. Haven't felt the need to go back and check it at all.

Archived