IGNORED

Onboard tire pump.

kruuuzn

If you carry a tire pump on your bike, what kind do you use?

Manual? Electric? Where's the best place to store it on an RT?

i can and electric pump, its about 6"x6" and fits very nicley in my saddle bag. Walmart has them for $9.99. I plug it into my stanard 12v socket, or you can get a bmw plug and replace the standard 12v to make it easier.

i can and electric pump, its about 6"x6" and fits very nicley in my saddle bag. Walmart has them for $9.99. I plug it into my stanard 12v socket, or you can get a bmw plug and replace the standard 12v to make it easier.

ditto

The more I think about it, this seems like one of those "must carry" accessories. I don't know why I've waited this long to realize it.

Thanks guys.

I use an electric and plug it into the bmw socket like previously referred to. I highly recommend an electric as they are small enough to carry with tools in a side bag. Those CO2 cartidges don't always work right as Sagerider ran into recently and the manual seems like it would take forever. The pump already saved me a couple of times.

I also use the Slime. Mine did not come with a plug that fit the BMW accessory plug. However, I use the adapter from my battery tender which retros just fine.

+1 thumbsup.gif

I just got the job to print out (in large format...13x19") photo's of a British soldier using the BestRest on one of their vehicles in Afghanistan or Iraq.... I think he's got them posted on their website. I've got one of the original models and always carry it w/me. Used it 3 times I think...the last time was to pump up the tires on a handtruck here at work!! lmao.gif I know their pumps have been all around the world....even used by Helge Petersen.

Pat

"Those CO2 cartidges don't always work right as Sagerider"

I had 10 of the threadless variety cartridges. I needed 2 to locate the leak. The other 8 only resulted in about 20PSI. The CO2 dispenser unit I had also allowed hand pumping. Much to my dismay, I found out that the unit did not depress the tire valve enough to allow the hand pump feature to work. This wound up with a result of me being 40 miles from the nearest gas station with a very underinflated tire on a high speed (70MPH posted) highway with no shoulders.

What makes it really bad is I had already purchased a Slime electric pump before the trip, but the unit I bought only had the auto cigarette plug hookup and I had not yet converted it for use on the bike.

Archived