IGNORED

R1100 mirror & other tethers

Stephen_Chase

Stephen_Chase

After reading horror stories about losing mirrors I made stainless steel cable tethers for my mirrors.

Simple to make. I used one foot of 1/16" cable for each & that with cable crimps came to a total cost less than $3.00 (CAD). Set the crimps with a cold chisel & soldered them for good measure. thumbsup.gif

Felt so good about that I also made one for the right side black plastic piece after it blew off on the season's first outing (today). Grand total $2.00 (again CAD). clap.gif

Thanks folks, for the great ideas!

Stephen

Not to get into a spending match but I replaced my cables with tie wraps for better retention........and for $2.00 I could have purchased a life time supply of them. thumbsup.gif

I used fishing leaders for mine. They already had pre made loops on each end. I just loosened up some screws and slipped them under and tightened the screws. Work great, no mods needed, about $US1.00 for a pack of 3.

After reading horror stories about losing mirrors I made stainless steel cable tethers for my mirrors.

Simple to make. I used one foot of 1/16" cable for each & that with cable crimps came to a total cost less than $3.00 (CAD). Set the crimps with a cold chisel & soldered them for good measure. thumbsup.gif

Felt so good about that I also made one for the right side black plastic piece after it blew off on the season's first outing (today). Grand total $2.00 (again CAD). clap.gif

Thanks folks, for the great ideas!

Stephen

You might want to make one for the tailight housing too, unless you heve taken other precautions. Just those plastic thumbwheel nuts are not always reliable.

I used some scrap electrical cable. Cost: nothing. Not to one-up anybody... grin.gif

Archived