IGNORED

This is gonna cost me!

Firefight911

Firefight911

Well, yesterday opened up to a beautiful sun, warmth, and blue sky.

Jamie and I set off for the Open House at our local BMW dealer, A&S Cycles.

I was pegged for duty with the on going GPS seminar, being the "customer advocate", to help people figure out their GPS systems.

What a great day. We rolled in to the parking lot right at 9 AM and there was already about 75 - 100 bikes in the parking lot.

Went over and get situated with the GPS guru, Mike Sheehan from Garmin. Jamie (2bmwfan) went, shall we say, SHOPPING!!!!!!

Boy, it was a good thing Whip wasn't here!!!! It very well could have ended up being REAL expensive!!!

As I am doing my thing and Jamie is perusing the new bikes, etc. our good friend and salesguy Joe Meyers walks passed me and flashes my wife's driver's license at me!! My initial thought was that she had dropped it and he was giving it back to me. Uh, NO!!!! Hewas logging her in for a test ride.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh no. Cha-ching, cha-ching!!

Joe and I stand there and see my wife walking back in to the dealership with her riding gear and the biggest grin on her face. We just chuckled.

I was so proud of her for stepping up to do this.

<Sidebar> For those that haven't followed this story, Jamie just got her street license 2 months ago and we have been looking and trying on a whole bunch of bikes for her.

So, I ask, "What are you riding?" It turns out that they are taking out TWO bikes to try out. The F800ST and the G650 X Moto.

Someone please take my check book and burn it!!!! PLEASE!!!! Darn it! Why did I bring that thing with me.

So off they go with Jamie on the 650 and Joe on the 800. They are gone for 30 to 45 minutes and then I see them rolling in. Jamie on the 800 and Joe now on the 650.

I smile with pride as she looks great on that bike. I cringe as I now that she is ready to set off on her own journey and motorcycle exploration. This means I lose my best friend as pillion every once in a while.

I will let Jamie give her ride report on the two bikes but suffice it to say that it appears that there is soon to be a new Graphite Mettalic F800ST snuggling up to ouur DRZ's and my R1200ST.

She was SO happy. She loved the bike. Felt one with it, etc. She got a glowing report card on her competence and confidence from Joe.

In other news, I helped out at least 20 riders with their GPS. All the way form the problem with Daylight Savings to thse who have only just figured out that the power switch is on the right side of their units.

Mike from Garmin was BUSY all day as well.

Free food, a BMW Nav III raffle, free door prize raffles, discount merchandise, LOTS of shiny new bikes, LOTS of riders with interesting bikes and cars (Ford GT, Ariel, MV Agusta F4, CBX, BMW toasters, Yamaha RD 400, etc.).

A great day of meeting board members for the first time, etc. Seeing old faces.

Richard (BeniciaRT_GT) came up and ended up spending the night. We got back to our house and broke out the Margaritas. Watched the 250 GP race from Jerez and then watched some Long Way Round.

What a great day!!!

Now, let's see??????? It's Jamie's Bday in May????????

Yep, This is gonna cost me!!!

Now, let's see??????? It's Jamie's Bday in May????????

Yep, This is gonna cost me!!!

The question now becomes, will there be enough $$$ left over for Torrey? biggrin2.gif

Firefight911
Do you have enough room to haul 4 bikes to Torrey?

I'm not driving to SLC to pick you up trailer boy!!!!!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

Yes. We have room foor two in the truck and two, maybe three, on the trailer.

I'm riding out. Hot Jamie is trailing the dirtbikes . . . and, maybe, her street bike. Then again, maybe she'll trailer my ST and I'll ride her ST!?!? Hmmmmmmmm!!

Hee, hee, hee! tongue.giftongue.gif

We'll see what happens. All great to talk about until we plan it all out so we don't have to sleep on the front lawn of Killer's due to financial anguish, etc. wink.gif

Oh, I almost forgot to mention . . . . .

Danny, you're a PUTZ!!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

Lessee. Recently, you've posted the truck, the new car, I believe. ("But, honey, I bought those for you!" yeah, right.) So, me thinks "She Who Can't Count" deserves a lil sumpin, sumpin. After all, she puts up with you!

You trailer those bikes, you bad boy. (oh, brother)

Oh, and "Oh, I almost forgot to mention . . . . .

Danny, you're a PUTZ!!" is no April Fool's Day joke! nana.gif

Paul_Burkett

Actually Phil, you've got it good. I tell my wife I want a new toy and she tells me what she wants, I end up buying her stuff first and then start saving all over again and then I get mine. If she's qualified and moneyfied, let her get what she wants, the house just seems to be more pleasant when mama's happy. grin.gif

bakerzdosen
I'm not driving to SLC to pick you up trailer boy!!!!!!!! lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif
FWIW, I think I can JUST about make it to Torrey without trailering. Just wondering how things were gonna go.

Looking forward to seeing the newest ST to join the fam.

bakerzdosen
I thought you were saving your pennies to buy "randy's" beautiful K1200RS in Fire Engine Red!! bncry.gif
That's true... a k1200rs would be the IDEAL starter bike for HJ.

I'm sure that's next on the list so they could haul 5 bikes to Torrey. lmao.gif

the house just seems to be more pleasant when mama's happy. grin.gif

One of the wisest things I've heard on the board in a while.

Danny, you're a PUTZ!!

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

It take one to know one, Kemo-Sabe. grin.gif

Glad you're still thinking of me.

Oh yeah, I'd love to see Jamie on a good lookin' bike.

Yours sure as heck ain't! lmao.gif

BeniciaRT_GT
Oh yeah, I'd love to see Jamie on a good lookin' bike.

Yours sure as heck ain't! lmao.gif

This from a guy who owns "Butt Jewelry?"

lmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.giflmao.gif

lurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.giflurker.gif

bakerzdosen
This from a guy who owns "Butt Jewelry?"
I....

Well...

You see...

Errrrmmmm...

There's this...

Uh, Richard, how would you...

Aw, nevermind.

I don't know... there was a nice R80 in the used showroom, looks like Tony had it all detailed out just for the open haus...and it was only $4995!

lmao.gif

This type of thing is why I was glad to get out of the open house with only some crush washers.

Oh yeah...I wanted to stay married too.

Archived