IGNORED

So what's all the fuss about ROTOR BOBBINS anyway?

Tony_K

So lately I have been seeing the ever popular bobbins topic pop up here and there so I thought let's talk REAL bobbin issues. (This is for the 1100 kids mostly.)

Wah my rotors rattle. Wah my rotors move in and out. Wah my bobbins are too loose.

You get my point. So I thought I would show you what a real worn bobbins looks like.

bobbin.jpg

I am thankful they are sacrificial!

BMW alloy bobbins give their lives to save the other 2 components.

Steel on steel on steel as in the case of the Motobins product may be a problem down the line... who knows.

As you can see I took mine a bit too far.

So there you go my compadres this a truly worn bobbin! Feel better about yours now? dopeslap.gif

russell_bynum

Wow. Those look terrible.

I replaced those once already. I forget when exactly, but I want to say it was around 50K miles or so.

How many miles do you have now?

86500. Put around 10 k on it since getting it from you. Lost some miles when the speedo gear munched it. Yup they bit the big one fore sure!

russell_bynum
86500. Put around 10 k on it since getting it from you. Lost some miles when the speedo gear munched it. Yup they bit the big one fore sure!

Yowsa. They didn't look anywhere near that bad when I changed them.

Of course...in the last year or so that I owned the bike, I started getting a little happy on the brakes, so I was probably loading those poor bobbins more than usual. smile.gif

Archived