IGNORED

Big Mak Explorer JR airBAG

MarkEngland

MarkEngland

Howdy. I was wondering if anyone has this tank bag on their RT, and would not mind sharing a few PICs or sending to me via email?

I like the easy ability to fill up with gas easily, but I have a GPS mounted between the handlebars and do not believe the bag will fit. I checked the two websites that carry the bag, and the PICs are not good.

Safe bet you will need to move the GPS.....the Tankbag will not tip up with it in the position you have it in now....

Moved mine up above the gauges....rattles a little, but works ok....I like the tankbag, so I put up with moving the GPS...

My humble $0.02...

MarkEngland
Safe bet you will need to move the GPS.....the Tankbag will not tip up with it in the position you have it in now....

Moved mine up above the gauges....rattles a little, but works ok....I like the tankbag, so I put up with moving the GPS...

My humble $0.02...

Thanks. I have my video camera mounted on top my BMR shelf, so I do not have the option to move my GPS. What a bummer, I like the Bigmak. I think I will have to settle on a smaller tank bag.

http://www.kc6tew.com/modifications/videomount/videomount.html

I have my radar detector and video camera set up on my shelf. I have the Big Mak tank bag and couldn't mount it at the bars for the same reason you have come up with. I went to Home Depot and bought a stiff piece of flat bar stock and made a mount that uses the "unused" mirror mount hole on the left handle bar. I bent the bar into a "J" shape and drilled a hole to allow a piece of "all thread" to go through the mount and the mirror mount hole. The long end of the "J" shape runs above the handle bar where at the end of the fabricated mount I drilled a hole and attached the GPS mount. This allows me to have the GPS in an easily viewable area without blocking the mirror or the guages. When I stop for gas I push the mount back a couple of inches which allows the tank bag to pivot forward as it should to clear the gas cap area.

If you would like pictures, email me and I will take a couple of pictures and send them.

If you would like pictures, email me and I will take a couple of pictures and send them.

Mr. waitin on you, how about just postin' em here so, I can see em too? grin.gif

Hey Mark

Did ya get my PM?????......that little blinking flag in the top right corner of your screen next to the word Logout

One more.

I used a plastic bushing in the "J" end of the mount to prevent the nut from closing the opening. I will clean this up now by using an Acorn nut on top and painting the metal black.

835167-TheHillCountry014.jpg.8963e22e165176ec0132b7f640d331e7.jpg

MarkEngland
Hey Mark

Did ya get my PM?????......that little blinking flag in the top right corner of your screen next to the word Logout

Just replied. I always miss that little blinking thing.

Archived