IGNORED

Rhinewest/Remus update

UberXY

I did a Remus exhaust and Rhinewest chip upgrade over the weekend and went for a ride this morning. The bike really seems to come alive now at 4k. Caution: this impression was made with only a butt dyno as measuring instrument.

The stock exhaust comes off quickly and easily - one clamp, one Allen bolt, don't even have to take the rear wheel off. The Remus is a piece of cake to install. It isn't loud, but I can hear it, and it sounds like a motorcycle now, instead of the whoosing sound the stock exhaust made. The volume is nowhere close to the Staintune I had on my R11S, which forced me to use as little throttle as possible in the presence of police.

Chip installation is simple but time consuming, as the tupperware and tank have to come off. Care must be taken with the QDs on the tank hoses as they are poorly made. Once you finally get the computer out of the bike, swapping the chips is a quick no-brainer. Don't forget the follow the quick procedure for TPS recalibration before starting the engine.

I'll have the bike in the mountains of WV next week and will get a better feel for mid range torque on the uphill switchbacks.

I'm sort of surprised by the number of folks that have indicated that the Stayintune exhaust system is objectionably loud.

I have the unit on my RSL and I had to REMOVE the baffle in order to get any sort of sporty sound. With the baffel in I could hardly hear the bike running.

Without the baffel my bike has a very pleasant deep sound very much like the metric v-twins. I had Yoshimura cans on my Suzuki TL and the sound is very similar.

The volume is NOTHING close to annoying and no lawman has ever shown the slightest interest what so ever.

Can't imagine what could be the difference.

Travers

R1100RSL

I'm sort of surprised by the number of folks that have indicated that the Stayintune exhaust system is objectionably loud.

I have the unit on my RSL and I had to REMOVE the baffle in order to get any sort of sporty sound. With the baffel in I could hardly hear the bike running.

Without the baffel my bike has a very pleasant deep sound very much like the metric v-twins. I had Yoshimura cans on my Suzuki TL and the sound is very similar.

The volume is NOTHING close to annoying and no lawman has ever shown the slightest interest what so ever.

Can't imagine what could be the difference.

Travers

R1100RSL

The Staintune S system is two very small conjoined mufflers under the seat. Very different configuration from what you have.

Archived