IGNORED

Motorcycle covers?

Lone_RT_rider

Lone_RT_rider

I would like to hear any and all recommendations for motorcycle covers. I envision an inexpensive small half cover that I can easily pack away. I specifically want it for traveling and parking overnight at hotels and such.

What say you? grin.gif

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider

The RT is the bike I am thinking of, but the XL looks a bit loose in the pics. I checked nelsonrigg.com and all of their covers seem to be shown stretched across the bike. I also checked the sizing chart and it does list the R1100RT as needing an XL.

Hmmmmm..... maybe try a large? Or is the picture deceptive Laura and an XL really does stretch out well. Maybe having a top case installed makes a difference? I was planning on using the cover with the Givi 46 Liter on the bike.

Shawn

daveinatlanta

+1 for the Nelson Rigg UV2000. I have an 1150RT with a slightly larger than stock w/s and the standard top case. I got the cover in XL size and it fits over all of this stuff not tight - but not loose like a sheet either. I have only used it once though and it was in a no-wind situation and did not tie it down. If I expected wind and/or rain, I would have to tie it down. Cost was $34 excl shipping from Sandhills Power Sports.

The RT is the bike I am thinking of, but the XL looks a bit loose in the pics. I checked nelsonrigg.com and all of their covers seem to be shown stretched across the bike. I also checked the sizing chart and it does list the R1100RT as needing an XL.

Hmmmmm..... maybe try a large? Or is the picture deceptive Laura and an XL really does stretch out well. Maybe having a top case installed makes a difference? I was planning on using the cover with the Givi 46 Liter on the bike.

Shawn

Both bikes in the picture are sporting XL covers; the KRS and the RT. It's big on the KRS but we wanted as much coverage as possible. It looks a little droopy on the RT because the sidecases are not on the bike and also it's been rained on for two days. The bike was dry underneath except for condensation moisture. I wouldn't get less than an XL for the RT especially is you're using a top case. It won't come down nearly as far with a topcase on. With my sidecases on the cover is very taut but covers the sidecases. The front end is entirely covered with the exception of the fender and covering the dash was important to me. The tops of the heads are also protected.

I've had this cover for three years and use it every time we travel. There is no need to tie it down in wind. The little stretchy staps in the middle of the cover on each side attach to the pegs and hold it down nicely. The cover is not loose enough to let a lot of air under it.

In that picture it was very windy on the last day and we were sitting in the room watching if the cover would collect air and possibly tip the bike. Wasn't even close.

Lone_RT_rider

Thanks Laura, that's exactly the low-down I was looking for. I ordered one of the Nelson-Riggs covers today. I am going to check it out and see if I like it. If so, I'm set. If not, I will post it for sale on the board and somebody will get one at a discounted rate and I will probably try the Tour-king after that.

Shawn

What size EZTour for the 12RT?

I have the Traveller. It's a half cover, which will handle the side cases, or my Givi, but not both. The 1/2 cover is nice in that you can cover the bike immediately after riding and not worry about contact with a hot exhaust.

Shawn,

I highly recommend Exigent covers. I have one for my 04R1150RT. They are made of rip stop nylon and pack up to a very small package. They are extremely light and waterproof. I have used mine in severe conditions, like wind in Death Valley and it held up great. The company is a small one and they take pride in their products. Their cusomer service is top notch. They fit the bike tightly and look good doing it.

Just a possible solution.

Mat smile.gif

I have two of the geza motorcycle covers, I use for traveling. One silver, one black. They are a stretch material and seem to hold up well.

Another one for the Nelson Rigg. Great for travel. I keep a big and heavy Canadian Tire special at home for full coverage in the garage.

Formerly_Capecodbeemer

Thats the Geza Gear. Don't have a size thats the one for my old R11RT and it also fits the R12RT pretty well.

Lone_RT_rider

I am glad others are getting some good info from this thread as well. As much as I love the Geza style cover and would really want that type, my idea of inexpensive (as I stated when I first started out this thread) is not a cover that costs very close to the same cost as our three month water bill. I was hoping to keep the costs under 50 bucks, and the Nelson-Riggs does that well. It should be here early next week. smile.gif

Shawn

I've been looking for a cover to bring on trips and liked the way the NR cover fit Lawman's R1200RT down at The Hill Country Ride last week, so much so I asked him for the Brand/size. It was a Nelson Rigg cover. Then this timely Post.

Lone_RT_Rider said it best: the NR product may be the best overall bang for the $buck$.

That being said, I am also in the market for a trailer. Is there a cover that can do double duty as a packable half cover for trips and/or on the bike when being towed, or are they two different animals? Concerned about a cover that withstands the high winds associated with towing a bike.

Hi Mike,

The Geza Covers are both Portable and Towable on an open trailer. We have many different Cover Series to choose from that include light duty towing to cross-country towing with speeds up to 100mph.

The covers are compact as well which make them ideal as a travel cover once you reach your destination. Portable and towable, all in one cover!

Call us or visit us at www.gezagear.com for more information.

Ryan

Sales

Geza Gear

I am glad others are getting some good info from this thread as well. As much as I love the Geza style cover and would really want that type, my idea of inexpensive (as I stated when I first started out this thread) is not a cover that costs very close to the same cost as our three month water bill. I was hoping to keep the costs under 50 bucks, and the Nelson-Riggs does that well.

I hesitate to mention that I love my $20 full cover from Wal-Mart. I mean, how good does it have to be? Does well in the rain....doesn't get blown to bits by the wind...and if someone runs off with it, I don't need to complete an insurance claim, I go buy another one. blush.gif

Archived