IGNORED

Autocom- Bluetooth - AutoAnswer

litigator

Can I set up my Autocom Pro-7 with a Bluetooth receiver/adapter to answer call to my cell phone automatically?

Motorola HF820. Nice little unit that you can pair to your cell phone. Your phone needs to have an autoanswer feature. Good luck.

Motorola HF820. Nice little unit that you can pair to your cell phone. Your phone needs to have an autoanswer feature. Good luck.

So does the headset port of the HF820 hook into the Autocom (jack 1)? Can you describe the Autocom attachment please?

John Bentall

You will need a cable with a 2.5mm stereo jack at one end to plug into the HF820 (in place of the headset) and a 3.5mm stereo jack at the other to plug into the Auxiliary Socket of the Autocom. it can plug in via a splitter if you have something plugged into the Aux socket already.

You will need a cable with a 2.5mm stereo jack at one end to plug into the HF820 (in place of the headset) and a 3.5mm stereo jack at the other to plug into the Auxiliary Socket of the Autocom. it can plug in via a splitter if you have something plugged into the Aux socket already.

I have the cable you describe (came with my Active PLUS), which is 3-pole, presumably for audio out, mic in and gnd. Works great with my phone, but I'd like the convenience of unwiring it via bluetooth.

So would the HF820 perform the same function as an Autocom "Bluetooth Module" (which seems to require a (Bluetooth Module Audio Interface )(for considerably less $)? Or am I missing something???

So would the HF820 perform the same function as an Autocom "Bluetooth Module" (which seems to require a (Bluetooth Module Audio Interface )(for considerably less $)?
Pretty close. The Autocomm one integrates fully with their intercoms, is powered, doesn't require you to come up with the cables. You have to charge the HF820 periodically of course. Figure out how to make the connection to your intercom. To answer the HF830 you've got to reach down and push the button.

Steve, I have an Autocom Active 7. The phone lead from it plugs into the headset port on the HF 820. My phone is paired to it and is set to autoanswer after 2 rings. Ken is right that the HF 820 has to be charged but one can easily get 2 days worht of usage b/4 having to recharge. Or, if you have the right set up, use bike power. It only comes with a cigarette lighter charger. It's a much cheaper set up than Autocom's bluetooth unit.

It is not necessary to use autoanswer if you can live with a single button push. It will ring in your helmet and you push the single button to answer. Press the same button again to hang up. It is a large button and not a problem with gloves on.

It's the Motorola HF820 and you can get them on Ebay. They list for ~$70 but can be had for ~$40 off Ebay. You plug the Autocom cell phone cable into the HF820 and it talks to your cell phone via a bluetooth interface. I mounted mine via velcro on the rear lower portion of my tank so its an easy left thumb button push.

Archived