IGNORED

Autocom Pro-7 and Treo 700wx

litigator

After spending hours learning the features of my first high tech phone, I just learned that it does not have the auto-answer capability that my previous simpler ones had. Does anyone know how I can set it up with my Autocom Pro-7 so that I don't have to look down or push buttons to receive calls? I don't care about placing calls while I'm riding, but the only way I can take the time for long trips is to be available to my staff if needed.

If you have bluetooth capability, use the HF820. It has a single button to answer, hangup and make voice recognition calls. I keep mine velcroed to the back of my tank, just under the tankbag and it rings in my helmet where I just reach down and push the single large button to answer. I don't even have to look down to do it, you can feel it quite easy. The HF820 connects to the autocom via a simple stereo connector.

Doing some brief research shows that the 700W does not apparently support auto-answer, except through third-party applications. The 700P DOES support auto-answer natively (under Preferences - Communication - Handsfree)

I have a Treo 650 with the Handsfree option in Preferences set to two rings before answering. I use the Motorola HF 820 - connected to my Autocom - paired to the 650 to get my calls. It's great.

Archived