IGNORED

GS Mirrors for my RT...where?

Stormrider

Hi all,

I've read that a lot of folks here have put GS mirrors on their RT to actually see what may be lurking behind them. Where can I find a set? New or used. I guess it doesn't really matter. Could someone please point me in the right direction. TIA!

You could use the link above or try to post a "WTB: GS Mirrors" on the classified forum

Make sure you get the right ones. The first set I got would not work on my 2004 RT. I forgot what the deal was...

I have the correct mirrors now. It is nice to be able to see behind you.

Aluminum_Butt

You might want to check to see whether the mirrors from a KRS will fit, as well. Same concept, but they are more rectangular shaped - much wider field of view. I switched to them from round mirrors on my GT, and now I can see less of my elbows and more of what's behind me. Plus, they look WAY cooler. thumbsup.gif

LINK

John Bentall
You might want to check to see whether the mirrors from a KRS will fit, as well. Same concept, but they are more rectangular shaped - much wider field of view. I switched to them from round mirrors on my GT, and now I can see less of my elbows and more of what's behind me. Plus, they look WAY cooler. thumbsup.gif

LINK

They are WAY cooler than the round mirrors, but they render the OE mirrors completely useless, where as the round ones allow me to use the OE mirrors as overtaking/blind spot mirrors. I tried both, wanted the rectangular for appearance and chose the round. YMMV

I got my GS mirrors from Chicago BMW (20% off MSRP). The parts guy at Chicago recommended the GS mirrors over the RS mirrors because (he said) the RS mirrors will contact the windscreen when the handlebars are turned full left or right. I'm happy with the GS mirrors, although they do vibrate considerably more than the side mirrors in the fairing. FWIW. wave.gif

Archived