IGNORED

Caberg Helmet

JByerly

Can't help you find a dealer but the Caberg was the worst helmet I ever owned. Leaked, loud, visor yellowed with no support from the distributor.

Try a Shoei instead.

Respectfully submitted,

Well, I have to chime in. My Jarow (now Caberg) is great. It does not leak, fits well, and is reasonably quiet for a flip front. I like the inside sun shield feature, and the helmet is well made. I also have Nolan with the sun shield and that helmet is okay too, ex the sun shield which cannot be used unless the visor is down. When up, the sun shield is nothing but a bug catcher. Never tried a Shoei so I can't comment. Rob has voiced his problems before and I don't pretend to refute his opinion, but my experience is opposite his with the Jarow/Caberg. I would not hesitate to buy another.

That's why I would be very leary of buying online. It seems that the quality is all over the page.

I had a C1 before and I guess I was spoiled with the quality of it.

Maybe Caberg is like other Italian products, great features but uneven build quality.

I'm glad you have a good one. I just want to let the buyer be warned. Caberg is not Arai or Shoei quality.

Respectfully,

beemer_me_up

I have one for 2 years now. approx 30,000 miles and no proplems. It never leaked or has the shield yellowed. Is more noisy than my shoei. The shield is cool and works well. thumbsup.gif

I tried a Caberg on at my local BMW dealership last weekend. Liked the looks of the helmet, the price was OK ($299), and the internal tinted sheild. But it was a terrible fit. The chinbar was up aginst my chin with no space at all. I can't wear one. Seems that this is a new helmet line in Houston. Most of the riders I talked to have never heard of them.

We got a Justissimo for my wife a year ago. I purchased from Designer Helmets in the UK because none of the US vendors stocked a Small. So far, my wife has been very pleased with it. Her previous helmet was a Shoei RF. The build quality of the Justissimo appears to be very good, better than the other reasonably priced flip-face helmets including the Nolan, HJC, and even the Shoei Syncrotec.

The sun shade is a totally killer feature. The Schuberth has a comparatively poor implementation of the same thing. Unlike the Schuberth, the sun shade on the Justissimo does not optically distort and also unlike the Schuberth it covers your full field of vision. Speaking of Schuberth comparisons, the Justissimo is also superior in several other ways, don't make me rant...

The only negative thing my wife can say about the helmet so far is that the venting is not that effective. It's about the same as her previous Shoei RF. In the helmet we received, there was nothing blocking the vent like some people have talked about.

All things considered, we both have a very positive opinion of this helmet. And it only cost us about $250 shipped from the UK. It does not have a DOT sticker, in case that's important to anyone.

Dave

One more thumbs up for the Jarrow (Caberg).

As far as the shield yellowing, that will happen with ANY shield that has an anti-fog coating on it when you clean it with windex.

One more thumbs up for the Jarrow (Caberg).

As far as the shield yellowing, that will happen with ANY shield that has an anti-fog coating on it when you clean it with windex.

Considering that I never get Windex near my helmets, must have been something else. I am truly happy that those of you like the Arrow/Jarrow/Caberg helmets. I don't. As I wrote earlier, it is the worst helmet I've bought in 35 years. If it was a $100. helmet then it would be alright, but not what they go for. IMNSHO.

Respectfully,

St_Louis_Don
We got a Justissimo for my wife a year ago...

All things considered, we both have a very positive opinion of this helmet. And it only cost us about $250 shipped from the UK. It does not have a DOT sticker, in case that's important to anyone.

Dave

I got my Justissimo this past December from a US dealer. It had a DOT sticker. And the top vent was not blocked as some have experienced.

I, too, am shopping for a helmet. Schuberth is not large enough. Caberg hits my chin before it latches. The large Nolan, although I have not found one to try, might fit. I am, though, leaning towards the shoei. XL is too tight. Local dealer is trying to get in an XXL. Apparently, in my case, fit will determine the helmet, and not much else.

i looked at the caberg as well really liked it but something just something told me to shell out the extra money and buy the shoei multitech. have to say this is a great helmet the ventillation is incredible. lot quieter than my nolan which is also a great helmet. but all in all the caberg looks pretty solid! thumbsup.gif

rocketbunny

I love my Caberg Justissimo.

I was an Arai girl for years, until I saw a Caberg at a rally that I attended. I found a local dealer that stocked them and tried one on.

I don't know if I could go back to a helmet without that internal sun visor...it's just such a cool feature.

Oh...and you wanna talk about supply problems? When I was looking at helmets, I wanted to try on a Schuberth to compare. I couldn't find ANYTHING smaller than XXL at any of my local shops and they couldn't tell me when they'd have more in. frown.gif Half a year later, I've yet to find a Schuberth to try on that is anywhere near my size. And there's no way I'm shelling out $600 without wearing it for half an hour in a store.

Dan Gleebitz

We have three Just-in-a-mo helmets. We could not get on with them .. perhaps both me and the missus have wrong shaped heads but after half an hours wearing they were uncomfortable ...the little lady really suffered. Now we have a pair of Sherberts Concepts and could / do wear them all day.

Any one want the Cabergs?

We 've had ours going on two years now and I find I wear mine more than I do my Arai Corsair. I just picked up the non flip Caberg but it seems to fit a little weird around the ears....my dealer had one that wasn't moving, he lowered the price buy ALOT, so I thought what the hell, I'd give it a go. But quality wise, they seem to be made pretty well....I have had no issues with my two flip ups or the new one.

Might as well add my $0.02:

I ordered a Jarow from the vendor at the Spokane MOA Rally. I believe he is the sole importer for the US. Nice guy and concerned about proper fit, etc.

Pros:

1. I LOVE the sun visor. It is just terrific. All helmets should have one.

2. The strap's latch works well.

3. The flip front works easily, one-hand operation. Yes, I wear glasses.

4. Ventilation is fine

Cons:

1. Way too noisy. I am well aware that flip-front helmets are generally more noisy than nonflippers, but still...

2. Chin bar hits my chin.

3. It doesn't fit my head all that well. That's my problem, not the helmet's.

4. Not the greatest quality overall.

5. I ordered a replacement face shield; it took 4 or 5 months to get it. Never a word from the vendor about backorder, ETA, etc.

Conclusion:

Jarow for my commute and short trips; Arai for longer trips.

... I don't know if I could go back to a helmet without that internal sun visor...it's just such a cool feature.

+1 thumbsup.gif

Oh...and you wanna talk about supply problems? When I was looking at helmets, I wanted to try on a Schuberth to compare. I couldn't find ANYTHING smaller than XXL at any of my local shops and they couldn't tell me when they'd have more in. frown.gif Half a year later, I've yet to find a Schuberth to try on that is anywhere near my size. And there's no way I'm shelling out $600 without wearing it for half an hour in a store.
Last I checked, the dealer out here had every size EXCEPT the XXL. dopeslap.gif Schuberth's do run smaller than other brands (I fit the XL Shoei and XXL Schuberth S1). While the S1 fits me perfectly, the C2 simply isn't an option due to too much pressure on my chin. I could never buy a helmet without finding one to try on. Good luck in your search.

Archived