IGNORED

Hill Country Recap.

Whip

It didn't get off to a good start. Rain and a very slippery roads took it's toll on MurocRider(Steve Harvey). He wasn't hurt and seemed in good spirits.

138515918-L.jpg

138515931-L.jpg

138515982-L.jpg

My Hill Country Wingman.....the one and only....1bmwfan(Phil)

138516025-L.jpg

This really is his bike

138516062-L.jpg

Azkaisr checkin out the FJR...he even dressed for the occasion

138516012-L.jpg

hANNbONE's trusty steed....fast too.

138516038-L.jpg

138516097-L.jpg

Why does everyone always pick on the Lawman?????

138516108-L.jpg

Tom really wasn't tired....just checkin his lids for holes.

138516126-L.jpg

Mama Hoon(Leslie) and KMG365(Jamie) arriving in style.

138516083-L.jpg

Philby being Philby

138516139-L.jpg

RichEdwards came all the from Florida, just to follow me to a Texas Wild Seed Farm.

138516174-L.jpg

The Californians brought there own entertainment.

138516186-L.jpg

Saturday mornin we visited some of the local points of interest.

Starting with the Nimitz Museum...(the free part was more fun than the pay part)

138516357-L.jpg

138516290-L.jpg

I think RocketCowboy(Charlie) has leadership potential.

138516341-L.jpg

Would you feel safe if any of these guys were defending your country.

138516200-L.jpg

138516274-L.jpg

138516327-L.jpg

138516348-L.jpg

138516218-L.jpg

138516232-L.jpg

138516252-L.jpg

After lunch the Lawman insisted on goin to the Texas Wild Seed Farm.

138516365-L.jpg

Tom liked it.

138516373-L.jpg

Next stop LBJ Ranch and living history exhibit.

138516388-L.jpg

With Phil on my GSA...Steve was able to ride Phil's ST......

sooooooooooo......we got to have some more fun with him falling off his bike.

138516404-L.jpg

We got to go back in time(1915)

Norman...(City Slickers)

138516419-L.jpg

138516442-L.jpg

138516461-L.jpg

138516431-L.jpg

Don't ask???????????????

138516493-L.jpg

Next stop Perdernales Falls State Park.

The Angle(ADIFW) and Christine.

138515861-L.jpg

On to Luckenbach...Only seven bikes left.(Photos taken by 1bmwfan using my camera)

138516521-L.jpg

138516540-L.jpg

138516550-L.jpg

Pickin and a grinnun.

138516565-L.jpg

After Philby called and threatened me we left Luckenbach and headed to the BBQ.

Top Row left to right. Charlers Foerster(Tanker277), Janie Foerster(Shopper277), me(Whip), EricFoerster, Phil(1bmwfan),Tom (AZkaisr) Mike (SageRider), Front Row Leslie (MamaHoon), Steve(MurocRider)

138516622-L.jpg

When it was time to go home...MamaHoon cornered me and told me...."I know were friends, but lay off the politics."

Yes mam........but....but....but ...... they started it.

138516630-L.jpg

Thanks to Limecreek, Philby, and Eric for they help.

And an extra special thanks to everyone for helping out Gleno's Family.

Whip

Rocket_Cowboy

Fantastic pictures as always!

We had a great time. I'm convinced it's Kerrville that's cursed with rain. It was raining when we pulled out of the hotel parking lot, but by the time we reached Fredericksburg things had dried up and were looking good for the rest of the trip. Managed to get in a little more good riding on our way up to Austin for lunch with some friends, then slabbed it back up I-35 to Dallas.

I'll have my pics posted up later tonight.

It didn't get off to a good start. Rain and a very slippery roads took it's toll on MurocRider(Steve Harvey). He wasn't hurt and seemed in good spirits.

138515918-L.jpg

Wow, just rode with Steve a few weeks ago on Steves1150+50's ride up the Cali coast. Sorry to hear this, he looks fine. He had a very nice 04 1150, hope it also survives. Was 1bmwfan on the ride? Even though Steve looks like he didn't need it, I'm sure Phil had his back.

I'll be waiting to hear Steve's description and also what gear he was wearing.

Thanks for the pictures Whip.

By the way, I'm so "IN" for THC next year!!!! thumbsup.gif

AdventurePoser

Here is a picture of the Other Steve from So Cal with his bike looking better...

135788579-M.jpg

Glad you are OK, Steve!

The Other Steve in So Cal

Slyder_Steve

Not sure what to say at this point other than I'll have a chat with the shop tomorrow and then I'm sure I'll be speaking to my insurance adjuster...

ATGATT paid off Friday. I've got a 1 inch scrape on my elbow and a very slight bruise on my knee--truely wish I could say the same for my RT. If it's not a total loss it's right on the bubble.

One second I'm following AZkaisr through a left turn, the next split second I'm an observer of my own mishap...watching the left mirror snap off, then the left foot peg, then she catches, does a high side to the right side, and settles in the dirt/grass/gravel. No warning whatsoever, never even felt a bobble. As Philby would say, I'm just gutted.

A huge thanks to all who lended assistance, and a special thanks to Whip for making arrangements and Mrs Whip for trailering my bike to the shop.

One more special thanks to 1BMWFAN who, after all this, tossed me the key to his ST and, along with AZkaisr, "forced" me to ride Saturday.

More to follow...

MurocRider

Francois_Dumas

Great pictures, hilarious some of them even.... sorry for Steve's get-off...

Oh, I see you also put in a picture of your webshop..... tongue.gif

"With Phil on my GSA..."

Good grief.

There'll be no living with him, now. tongue.gif

Wish I could have joined in, looks like yet another good time was had by all. Well, almost.

See ya next week. wave.gif

Lone_RT_rider

I've missed to many of these. This ones going on the calender for next year. I also have an uncle in Houston that I need to see before he drinks himself to death. lmao.gif

Shawn

Crazy_Canuck

It sounds like you guys all had alot of fun. Wish I could have been there.

Steve I am sorry to hear about your accident, I am glad you are fine though.

Hope to see some of you in Torrey!

Steve

I am glad you are OK from your "get off". Bummer man. Hopefully the bike can be repaired and you will be riding it in Florida come June/July. Great pics from all who submitted them. It is always wonderful "living the weekend" with those who made the trip.

keithb

Great pics and report!

Steve (MurocRider), I'm very glad you were not hurt in your accident. Good luck with the bike situation! I hope it works out for you. I really enjoyed riding with you. (All except for that slide job.)

Lawman seemed to be very excited about the seed farm. He was heard on several occasions stating that he had come all the way from Florida to see the seed farm.

Seems to me that Lawman's fellow Floridians ought to do Lawman a big favor and take him on a tour of some seed farms out Florida way. It seems he has been terribly, terribly deprived......

Great pics and report!

Steve (MurocRider), I'm very glad you were not hurt in your accident. Good luck with the bike situation! I hope it works out for you. I really enjoyed riding with you. (All except for that slide job.)

Lawman seemed to be very excited about the seed farm. He was heard on several occasions stating that he had come all the way from Florida to see the seed farm.

Seems to me that Lawman's fellow Floridians ought to do Lawman a big favor and take him on a tour of some seed farms out Florida way. It seems he has been terribly, terribly deprived......

Florida? What kind of seeds were you holding Michael? lmao.gif

The Lawman....Florida????..confused.gif..

With all the fuss Lawman was making he convinced me that he had actually travelled some distance blush.gif.

Sorry Floridians dopeslap.gif.

Sorry Texans dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif.

On the other hand, I am sure that Lawman would love to see whatever seed farms there are in Florida so y'all please help him out ..... tongue.gif.

Was that LEO the infamous 'Officer Sanchez'? Heard he gave several performance awards last year. Thankfully, I didn't meet him.

Glad the rally was a success. I went to Vegas for a 2-day camp with Code instead, and in a way, am glad I did. Wouldn't have enjoyed riding with all that rain. And at least I met ONE forum member: David Baker. Will try to make it next year. Take care.

Wouldn't have enjoyed riding with all that rain. And at least I met ONE forum member: David Baker.
Hmm, Rain, or David Baker, that's a tough one wink.gif
Calvin  (no socks)
Wouldn't have enjoyed riding with all that rain. And at least I met ONE forum member: David Baker.

lmao.gif

Wouldn't have enjoyed riding with all that rain.

Dayum! Ya come across as a mighty bit soft there Pilgrim!

What sorta Texan ARE ya? lmao.gif

We need a new smiley with one digit upward. tongue.gif

It's already there at the bottom of each post. Even has a cute little bow. tongue.gif

Wait a minute! Is this THE David Baker asking for a NEW . . . nay, yet ANOTHER Smiley???? eek.gif

[checks calendar]

Nope, not April yet. Hmmmmmmm . . . .

I'd better make a notation in the Administrative Record! lmao.gif

As usual--good write up Whip. You and that wonderful wife of yours really made this event special for our visitors and the Texans alike.

Five minutes after Steve's excusion you mobilized the truck and trailer--very cool.

You still owe me that ride we started in December.

Talk to you soon.

Archived