IGNORED

Spark Plug Wrench?

Swag

Hi all, I'm getting read to do my 6k mile service been getting all the tools together that will be needed for the job. I think I've gotten everthing except for a spark plug wrench I've tried every deep socket I have in my tool box, none of them fit. Do I have to get the one from BMW, part# 123510, or is their something other then that, that will work? dopeslap.gif

Thanks for the help. thumbsup.gif

Jim VonBaden
Why are you removing the plugs at 6k miles - you aren't going to replace them yet are you?

Jay

Makes it much easier to turn the engine for valve adjustments. Plus it never hurts to take a look at them.

Jim cool.gif

Why are you removing the plugs at 6k miles - you aren't going to replace them yet are you?

Jay

I have to find TDC to adjust the valve, in order to do that you have to take the Spark plugs out.

Bob,

Two words Snap-On cool.gif

This socket fits due to a thin wall design reducing it's OD to clear the spark plug access. Socket grips the plug, all you need is an extension and drive/torque wrench.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?...amp;dir=catalog

Good Luck thumbsup.gif

Thanks Mudman, $26 is better than the $62 A&S wants for the BMW wrench. I had a 5/8" plug socket turned down at work it seem to work okay.

Archived