IGNORED

Pulsating rear tail light....

kdude

Actually i'm researching this for a friend. He saw my led tail light from Gizmo-mill and loved it. Mine is on an 05 1200GS.

I checked the Gizmo-mill web site and it doesn't list a light for the RT. Does anyone know where I could order one for the 05 RT ?

Thanks

Howard

Not exactly the answer your looking for, but I added the Kisan splice-in tailBlazer modulator to my R1200GS. At first with the factory bulb, then later with a LED conversion panel.

Sierra BMW lists one. Perhaps they are just expecting Brake! (aka Gizmo Mill) to have one available at some point. I bought one from them and put it on my Boxer Cup and it really helps. I am planning on addding one to the RT but since it is SO much more visable, I was giving that a lower priority.

Sierra BMW may list a LED for the 1200RT...but if you try to order one the site will tell you this model is not available. I've neen trying to find one for my 2005RT and haven't come up with any source. If anyone has a source please post...Bob

I installed a pair of 16 LED Hyper-lites on my 2006 R1200RT. They function both as a second set of running lights and then flash VERY brightly when the brakes are applied. Normal installation keeps the LED's flashing continuously when brkaes are applied but you can cut a wire (green?) which converts the unit to a five second period of flashing which then converts to a constant high intensity brake light until brakes are released. They have a unit specifically designed for the R1200RT which are easy to iinstall. Follow this link: www.hyperlites.com/bmwkits1.html and you will find several models for the R1200RT.

I installed a pair of 16 LED Hyper-lites on my 2006 R1200RT. They function both as a second set of running lights and then flash VERY brightly when the brakes are applied. Normal installation keeps the LED's flashing continuously when brkaes are applied but you can cut a wire (green?) which converts the unit to a five second period of flashing which then converts to a constant high intensity brake light until brakes are released. They have a unit specifically designed for the R1200RT which are easy to iinstall. Follow this link: www.hyperlites.com/bmwkits1.html and you will find several models for the R1200RT.

@nd - I have the 16 LED set as well.....I cut the looped wire and they now flash for 5 seconds then go solid. There are VERY nice.

Thanks for the posts. I'll check out HyperLites. What a great site!

Bob clap.gif

I can e-mail you a quick video file of how mine look/work - so you can see the installation and how bright they are. Your call....PM me your e-mail addy if you are interested.

Archived