IGNORED

Looking for a mixer device...

smiller

A while ago I saw a thread discussing an audio mixer (not a full intercom, just a mixer) that had priority inputs (i.e. a signal on one input would mute the others.) I can't find any specific enough search terms to turn up the thread though... does anyone know the device I'm talking about?

TIA,

ShovelStrokeEd

I think Tesseract(sp) does this but, it is also an amp.

I have a passive amplifier but no priority on it.

Yeah, I have a passive device, but I'm looking for one that will mute other inputs when the radar detector (or two-way radio) activates. I've know some of the higher-end intercoms do this but they would be overkill for my requirements... just looking for a simple mixer (or mixer/amp) with override. Thought I heard tell of such an animal a while back but I'm not certain... I'll try to look for the device you mentioned...

If I can't find something I'll build my own but easier to buy than build in this case I think.

not sure about the priority override option, but Fernando had a couple Sean Daily mixers left. Another option would be the Amplirider

I have both and they work great.

I think I bought Fernando's last 2

not sure about the priority override option, but Fernando had a couple Sean Daily mixers left. Another option would be the Amplirider

I have both and they work great.

We sold out of the Sean Daly mixers. Sorry.

I have a mixit2. It works well. You can have your music interrupted by your gps or radar detector. Built in volume control with big knob that works well with gloves. See link in above post.

I have a mixit2. It works well. You can have your music interrupted by your gps or radar detector. Built in volume control with big knob that works well with gloves. See link in above post.
The Mixit2 also seems to have the features I want. So in your experience the auto-mute function works well?

My experience with the MixIt has be all positive. Mounted under a BMR shelf and has worked through many washings and downpours. No ground loop noise even with bike powered MP3/GPS. Mutes in plenty of time to hear warnings.

I've used the mixit2 daily for about a year and a half, mounted in Big MAK space case, for the mono inputs, I use GPS on override (interups music) and radar detector signals with music but very noticable

Archived