IGNORED

Tire Valve Stem

DaveyMac

Just checking Max's online parts, Valve stems no longer available. Can someone confirm or deny that they are standard size.

How bout an online source?

Had a wheel repaired, sent back without stem!

Thank you all, finally found Info about the same time you guys replied.

Just ordered from Patch-boy size 0.453 1 1/4 stems

Thanks to you too Mick ! 121709175-S.gif

Shorter might be a bit easier to get a tire gauge on. I ordered the 50 pack of 1¼", but wish I would have got the ¾"

Thank you all, finally found Info about the same time you guys replied.

Thanks to you too Mick ! 121709175-S.gif

The 3/4" is best for rear wheels and the 1 1/4" angled it perfect for my fronts.

You're welcome of course. smile.gif

Mick

Does anyone have an online source for the 3/4" stems? They are impossible to find locally and I haven't been able to find them online yet either...

• 3 months later...

Hey Mick,

I ordered a set of the Patchboy 17-560 metal stems but it looks like the OD of the base of these is too large to fit what appears to be a recess in the wheel into which the rubber valve stem fits (I'm not talking about the threaded core that extends through the wheel, rather just the base flashing of the metal stem... it appears that it is too large to fit the recess, and also might see interference from the raised lip that runs around the center of the wheel.)

This concern is from a visual inspection and a measurement of the rubber stem base with calipers, but I may be wrong, perhaps it is an illusion and in fact the metal stems just barely fit, or at least I'm assuming so since you and a couple here have recommended this item. I sure don't want any unpleasant surprises once I cut the old rubber stem out though. Am I missing something?

I just put some valve stems on my RT and CL. I got them from NAPA part # 90-432. They are metal and they fit .453 and .625 holes, and are 1.125" in length. They were about $2.59 each.

I just put some valve stems on my RT and CL. I got them from NAPA part # 90-432. They are metal and they fit .453 and .625 holes, and are 1.125" in length. They were about $2.59 each.

Hey Seth,

They fit on both my R1100RT and my K1100LT. The metal washer is just small enough to fit in that recess.

On my R1100RT, I AM using a K1200RS rear wheel to allow me to use the ME-880 in a 17" bias ply size.

http://patchboy.com/Merchant2/merchant.m...egory_Code=VS-1

Mick

Archived