IGNORED

BMW LEd tail light

94aero

Does anyone have one that blinks? Mine blinks really fast then turns bright. So fast that it is not noticable. frown.gif Is this normal? Or did I just waste $150.00

dopeslap.gif

I have one and I believe that's how it is supposed to work. I don't think you wasted your money. Lots of people who follow me are impressed by how much better I can be seen compared to the stock RT tail light. $ 150 isn't much for a safer ride.

You really want to get noticed, combine that Brake! light with some hyperlites.....

You might get accused of having a short in the wiring back there though lmao.gif

I just installed mine and love it...4 quick blinks and then steady on. Really bright, even when the setting sun is glaring on it.

My next step is to add a dual filament to the std brake light to add an adtl tail (riding) lite.

I have slightly different version, but it lights up the same way. Noticed a difference the morning (dark) and day after I installed it.

Depending on the brand, there may be an option to set the flashing pattern to longer or shorter modes than the default mode they come set with.

Also, some allow you to bypass flashing and go directly to STOP.

Depending on the brand, there may be an option to set the flashing pattern to longer or shorter modes than the default mode they come set with.

Gizmo Mill's Brake! unit has this option, set via DIP switch combinations.

First hand experience: If your dealer is close, go to him and ask them to use the pin release tool to remove BOTH plugs. You can buy the tool at an electronics supple store for about $22.00 (ouch). You can also but a similar 4 prong plug (male/female) at Radio Shack for $4.00, cut the wires from the old plug and crimp on your new plug when ready.

Take note if you need to remove your fender for tire removal, you'll need to route the incoming lead above that fender so when you remove the tail end the wire is not caught up in it. (Depending on your bike's model).

moshe_levy You can reduce your bandwidth tremendously by changing the DPI on your video. 8.5 meg is huge for a 15 second video. JTYMWTK

Archived