IGNORED

Finally purchased a Zumo.. Now Questions.

Volfan615

I was finally able to purchase a Zumo after convincing the wife that she would be able to use it in her car also. Now is there a way that I can import in all of the BMW dealer locations? If this has been covered before please excuse the question. Just excited to get this thing setup.

The bad news is I ordered the Motorrad Concepts mount and they are backordered 4 weeks. frown.gif

I thought I remembered that a mount came with the Zumo, but I have not seen one. Did you get one in the package and what was it like if you did get it?

I ordered the Migsel R1200RT mount and received it today. I wanted a mount in the centre so I would not have to turn or lower my head to see the GPS. I have not tried it out on the bike yet (snow) but am confident it will work out ok.

Since you got my curiosity aroused, I ran a search on the Zumo forum and found this link to the BMW dealership database: http://home.att.net/~gmccurdy1/Dealers/Dealers.html

I have not tried this myself (yet). If it works, post a reply.

Yes and no... The files available will load the waypoints ok but don't support the dialing capabilities on the Zumo.

I may have to modify one to support the dialing capabilities.

James Clark
Now is there a way that I can import in all of the BMW dealer locations?

I think most of the BMW dealers are pre-loaded into the CN poi database. They're listed as Auto Dealers/Parts, though.

James Clark
The files available will load the waypoints ok but don't support the dialing capabilities on the Zumo.

I may have to modify one to support the dialing capabilities.

Download the latest POI Loader and check the README file. The numbers have to be imported into the POI file separately instead of being buried into a comment. The BMW list I retrieved was CSV and only contained lat, lon, name, and comment.

Here is a sample from the 2.4.0 Beta README:

<wpt lat="33.335668" lon="-111.950193">

<time>2006-07-10T15:30:29Z</time>

<name>Jim’s House</name>

<extensions>

<gpxx:WaypointExtension

<gpxx:DisplayMode>SymbolAndName</gpxx:DisplayMode>

<gpxx:Categories>

<gpxx:Category>Category 1</gpxx:Category>

</gpxx:Categories>

<gpxx:Address>

<gpxx:StreetAddress>123 Main St</gpxx:StreetAddress>

<gpxx:StreetAddress>Apt. 321</gpxx:StreetAddress>

<gpxx:City>Sometown</gpxx:City>

<gpxx:State>AZ</gpxx:State>

<gpxx:Country>USA</gpxx:Country>

<gpxx:PostalCode>12345</gpxx:PostalCode>

</gpxx:Address>

<gpxx:PhoneNumber Category="Phone">545-9665</gpxx:PhoneNumber>

<gpxx:PhoneNumber Category="Fax">611-1635</gpxx:PhoneNumber>

<gpxx:PhoneNumber Category="Email">

test@testserver.com

</gpxx:PhoneNumber>

</gpxx:WaypointExtension>

</extensions>

</wpt>

My Zumo should be arriving within the next day or two. Has anyone mounted their GPS on a BMR CoPilot shelf? I am considering buying this shelf and was curious as to whether the Zumo can mount directly to it or do I need something else (such as the slotted mounting bracket or the crossbar mount)?

I just received an email from McCurdy. He has updated his dealer database for the Zumo so that it will see the phone nunbers when uploaded by the Garmin POI loader. I don't have my Zumo here with me at the office so I can't give it a try but it should work!

His website is: http://home.att.net/~gmccurdy1/Dealers/Dealers.html

Send him and email and tell him thanks! thumbsup.gif

Archived