IGNORED

New Seat

Axe

Ok I got a few miles on my new R1200RT now and it is apparent the stock seat is just not going to get it for me. After only about two hours up I am looking for butt relief. So yesterday, after reading all the owner comments I could about the various aftermarket seats, I ordered a Rick Mayer Seat. The ordering process was painless, Telephone call out there ask a few questions, they were very helpful. Complete the ordering form fax it, send some pics and a check. Now in the que for production during the second week of may. Other than the many satisfied owners who commented about these seats, the other reason I went with Mayer is, they seem to be the only ones that have the R1200RT seat pans from which to make a seat without giving up your seat and being without one. Now that the weather is turning the thought of giving up my bike for a a week or two was just too much to handle.

Here's a no downtime suggestion. You could always cancel your seat order, keep your stock seat and install an Airhawk "whoopee cushion". Has worked fine for me once I got the air level adjusted to optimal.

I also recently got a Rick Mayer seat but was able to have it manufactured over the winter so it was no big deal not having the seat around. I have not had the chance to ride with it... only to sit and dream. But even just sitting on it shows the immense improvement over stock. Others who have sent Rick Mayer a seat pan deposit have not had a problem getting their deposit back as long as they sent their stock seat to Rick in a timely manner. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll not regret the purchase.

Thanks, I am not concerned about getting the deposit back he has a good rep. and been in business a long time. However, $500.00 I thought was a ton for a deposit on a seat, I guess he wants to make sure you send him one. Can't wait. Taking her in for the 600 mile tomorrow while she's in I an having the pegs lowered and a Z-Tech Windshield installed. 200 miles round trip suppose to be half decent weather looking forward to it. Be interesting to see the difference in the new shield and pegs on the trip home. No way to get there other than super slabs however, be the first time I have had her in big taffic at high speeds.

So far I've been happy with the Rick Mayer seat I got for my ST last year. Notably, they bought a new BMW seat pan when I placed my order, both to accommodate me and to make the process easier for other ST owners who might buy from them. It was a pleasure dealing with Rick.

I love my Rick Mayer seat. It is a great improvement over stock. I had one on my 1150RT and it was equally good. I did a seat exchange and hand zero problems.

I went to Rick Mayer and had a seat made about 3 weeks ago I've got about 800 mile on it now, it's still a little hard. In the instruction that came with the seat it said give the seat 2k mile to soften up. My wife loved it right off.

An Airhawk will not change the shape of the stock seat. Rick will make a new seat with a completely different shape, one which fits the contour of your butt. It makes a huge difference.

Got my Rick Mayer seat back last Tuesday and what a difference. Seems to be almost like those pillow cushions on a bed mattress on the very top layer so you don't sit down hard. Not as cushy or deep as a pillow cushion but seems to be some foam that has some give to it; maybe about 3/8ths of an inch or so. It just sort of softly receives your butt cheeks but there is firmness underneath. I've put a few hundred miles on it and this weekend will do about 300 miles and I can already tell that my cheeks don't tingle which means that my circulation is not getting affected by the seat. I suppose this is a very descriptive evaluation, but I think this is a real quality seat.

Archived